Each employee at UL is dedicated to providing the highest quality service at all times, not only to our customers, but also to our colleagues throughout the world. To achieve this, we as an organization must focus on our internal quality systems. In this role, the Quality Engineer, under minimal supervision, participates in, or leads operational process improvement through metrics, problem identification, root cause analysis and developing and implementing corrective action. The Quality Engineer takes an active role in helping drive continuous improvement throughout the organization and ensures successful design and implementation of the metrics, quality plans, Statistical Process Controls, and internal audits.
The Quality Engineer may also be responsible for local Quality support at one or more sites and performs other duties as needed to ensure successful implementation of the Quality System.
Are you a quality engineering professional? Then we would like to hear from you!
Join our C&I Global Quality Organization and make a difference!
Works with operations and other staff to identify issues, conduct root cause analysis, and develop and implement corrective actions.
- Facilitates resolution of non-conformances by identifying owners, working with staff with root cause analysis and appropriate corrective actions.
- Plans and conducts internal quality audits, including project reviews and process audits.
- Develops quality metrics, including Statistical Process Controls, and analyzes data to drive continuous improvement.
- Designs, implements and maintains Quality Plans and Systems at the direction of Quality Assurance management.
- Develops basic to complex processes and process maps. Develops, implements and/or leads quality improvement teams.
- Participates in a lead capacity on quality improvement teams. Provides quality training and standards interpretations.
- Leads Data Acceptance Program (DAP) audits and/or lead accreditation assessments.
- Performs other duties as directed
- University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related field plus generally six plus years of directly related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis and plan/implement corrective action. Demonstrated ability to analyze data, to interact with all levels of the organization, and to present and facilitate discussions of the findings.
- Ability to travel globally between 25% - 50% (Including weekend travel)
- Detailed knowledge of quality systems principles including quality and business excellence models (e.g., ISO 9001, 17025, 17065, Baldrige / Shingo).
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written
- Detailed knowledge of process mapping and process redesign.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quality audits.
- Detailed knowledge of auditing tools and techniques.
Job ID 2017-6318