PODS Enterprises LLC, a leader in the moving and storage industry, is expanding. We are currently seeking a Senior Trainer to support our newly created Sales & Service Center in Reno, Nevada.
The Trainer will be responsible for developing, delivering, and implementing sales and service training programs. The role performs as a subject matter expert (SME) in the delivery of skills and knowledge to stakeholders. All training should empower, prepare and equip employees to successfully perform their jobs, duties and responsibilities, in a manner consistent with the business needs, policies, procedures and regulations. This includes providing ongoing training, assessments, support, coaching and development where appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, deliver, and continuously improve the PODS training and on-going learning opportunities for the company’s sales and service professionals
- Train and prepare new sales/service associates by conducting training to a consultative sales/service process ensuring the associates are well prepared for success
- Determine and assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultations with sales/service associates, management, marketing, executives and internal stake holders
- Analyze training needs to develop, modify and improve new and existing training plans and materials using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, coaching, and workshops to ensure maximum effectiveness of training program and sales force
- Develop strong relationship with associates to be the avenue for information as it relates to training and procedural development. Develop a method of constant feedback on new trainees to continuously improve and maximize efficiency of training. Manage classrooms effectively
- Act as a role model by demonstrating leadership and knowledge, and by maintaining credibility within the company, ensuring a positive image is maintained
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, working with other organizations to identify best practices for related training programs
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures
- Meet and determine training requests from other departments
- Develop and maintain all policy and procedures; Act as SME (Subject Matter Expert) in the policies and procedures of the Sales and Service departments
- Consult on process changes and determine impact to the associates and process efficiency
- Prepare and implement change management of new process changes
- Develop training assessments and gap analysis to determine requirements and opportunities for associate development
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate experience beyond 6 years) in a sales/service trainer role.
- Minimum 3 years of adult training experience
- Minimum 5 years conducting sales and service methodology, competitive positioning, negotiation training to account executives and sales managers in corporate environments
- Minimum 5 years of selling products / services in corporate environments
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, teaching, facilitating and writing skills
- A passion for continuous learning and development. The initiative and resourcefulness to learn new technologies, products, and industries quickly and effectively on your own
- Experienceapplying consultative sales methodologies
- Superb people skills. Ability to motivate and influence people who do not report directly to you. Ability to collaborate well with all different functions and levels. Former people management experience is a plus
- A knack for explaining complex concepts and dense information in a clear, succinct, and relevant way. Ability to tailor your communication to fit your audience’s background
- Superb presentations skills and the ability to own the room confidently and hold people’s attention. Skill in facilitating discussions so that they are interactive and informative
- A talent for bringing out the best in others, and helping them learn, grow, and succeed. Skill in giving actionable feedback in a constructive, effective way
- A positive attitude and high energy level. The motivation and drive to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience incorporating role plays and simulations as part of sales training.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
PODS Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.