Sr. Business Implementation Manager
Job Description: Join a bank like no other.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join the SVB team and help bring our clients’ world-changing ideas to life.
The Global Treasury Advisory Services team focuses on the development, delivery, and support of foreign exchange, trade finance, and cash management solutions and services to SVB’s clients. Within this group, the Business Implementation Management team is responsible for directing the design, development, and implementation of new products, enhancements, and operational improvements to meet strategic business and organizational objectives.
Business Implementation Managers drive multiple initiatives simultaneously and are responsible for business readiness and ensuring that (i) SVB is prepared to market launch and support new products and changes to existing products, operational processes, and client servicing, and (ii) changes are scalable and comply with all appropriate guidelines, including but not limited to regulatory compliance, risk management best-practices, industry standards, and SVB methodology.
Skills and Requirements: Duties include:
• Manages multiple complex enterprise projects simultaneously and drives full life-cycle development and delivery of new products, service capabilities, and operational improvements from conception through launch and warranty support
• Manages overall coordination, status reporting and stability of complex project-oriented work efforts and adheres to project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet high quality standards and customer expectations
• Understands business needs and applications and applies these for competitive advantage
• Partners with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing process reengineering and technology to achieve the goals of the enterprise; Drives creation of and/or changes to existing processes, procedures, work flows, and related documentation
• Manages communication to Executives and other key stakeholders
• Manage overall coordination of cross-functional teams including subject matter experts from various departments across the organization (e.g. Compliance, Product Management, Operations, Internal Audit, Servicing, IT, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Training & Communication, Accounting, Finance, et.al.)
• Designs, implements, and practices large scale strategies in change management, risk management, vendor management, business continuity management, and business implementation management
• Partners closely with IT Project Managers to ensure alignment of technical activities with the business activities for effective, end-to-end change implementation and an optimal client experience
• Acts as an advocate for all business stakeholders within the lifecycle of a project, ensuring that their needs are understood and addressed in advance of launch
• Facilitates team meetings, business working sessions, vendor meetings, and attends IT meetings to drive initiatives and advance business objectives
• Partners with Compliance, Internal Audit, and other departments to respond to examinations and audit requests, manage execution and implementation of action plans, and ensure all processes and changes implemented fully comply with applicable regulations and legislation, standards, policies, and guidelines (e.g. BSA, AML, SOX, PCI-DSS, ECOA, et.al.)
• Collaborates with Legal, Product, Compliance, Credit, et.al. on the creation of or updates to legal agreements
• Authors business cases and estimates project costs and benefits (ROI, etc.)
• Manages preparations to ensure business readiness, including system configuration implementation (business set ups) and orchestrates User Acceptance Testing to ensure business requirements are met
• Collaborates with Product Support on client communications, internal communications, training plans, and client-facing sales and support materials
• Sets priorities under conditions of limited resources and competing demands
• Collaborates with operational teams and client support as needed to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
• Some travel required (< 15%) for meetings with colleagues, vendors, and clients as needed
Requisition Number: 4798