Ashland is searching for an experienced Instrument Reliability Engineer to join our team in Calvert City, KY.
The primary purpose of this position within the Ashland Calvert City organization is to provide the technical leadership/management and problem-solving solutions to support the plant Electrical Asset Integrity and Reliability programs to ensure that regulatory compliance and corporate policies and standards are met and maintained during design/fabrication, construction/installation, operation and maintenance of equipment and systems.
The duties and responsibilities of the Electrical Reliability Engineer shall include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Ensure the reliability of the plant Electrical Distribution Systems, which involves working with the present Plant Electrical Engineer on plant shutdowns, developing maintenance procedures and ITPM’s for plant equipment.
- Work with the Plant Electrical Engineer on troubleshooting Electrical Power Quality issues.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Company requirements by standardization of electrical equipment, installations and equipment meet code requirements, performance of electrical inspections for code compliance, and review and approval of MOC’s.
- Initiate, develop and manage electrical upgrade projects
- Manage electrical process programs to model the plant electrical system for electrical coordination, short circuit and arc-flash scenarios.
- Manage the electrical process programs for installation of plant grounding and bonding of equipment, installation of power panels, purge panels, etc.
- Provide Electrical Engineering technical assistance to process areas and Project Engineering to ensure proper design.
- Provide Electrical Engineering technical assistance to Maintenance in troubleshooting issues.
- Work with the Plant Electrical Engineer on the Plant’s Electrical Safety Program to ensure compliance with NFPA 70E issues and conduct site audits.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
**This posiiton is located in Calvert City, KY.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Ten (10)+ years' experience in a chemical process plant environment with at least 2 years in Equipment Reliability required.
- Plant Electrical Design knowledge and experience
- Effective communication skills with the ability to present information and respond to questions in oral and written form, from groups of Managers, employees and customers.
- Effective interpersonal and organization skills, and function as a team player
- Ability to apply rational and logical. Data based problem solving processes, project management skills and statistical improvement methods.
- Must be eligible to work in US
Work is performed 70% of the time in a chemical operating area including elevated platforms. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, reach, demonstrate manual dexterity, talk, hear and see. The incumbent may occasionally be required to lift light to moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. Individual may also be required to operate a Company vehicle on Company business.
The incumbent will be required to utilize and wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required to perform his/her duties within the manufacturing area including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety foot wear, respirator, FRC Clothing and other PPE as determined to protect the individual. The incumbent must have demonstrated commitment to zero incidents and injuries in the workplace and beyond.
The incumbent must possess ability to remain calm during site emergencies and respond appropriately as directed by the Ashland Site Emergency Director. Must be capable of evacuating the manufacturing process areas in a timely manner should an emergency arise.
The incumbent must be able and willing to work extended hours at a 24 hour, 365 day operation.
Incumbent must have demonstrated productivity and effectiveness in teamwork environment and must have demonstrated competency and willingness to adapt to change.