The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing standard and emergency 24x7x365 maintenance and operation of the Edison Campus services, life safety, and mechanical systems for the common area, clean room, laboratory and office operations. These systems include clean room building management systems, office building management systems for air handlers, boilers, water system and freezers for Processing, QC, R&D Groups, tenant office space and HVAC systems in Edison. The manager coordinates maintenance for electrical and back-up power generation systems that support these functions. The Facilties Manager reports to and coordinates with the Director, Facilities to provide critical input on routine activities, operational deviations, site budgets, headcount recommendations, site impacting events reports, project and operational solutions, and project development and assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the Maintenance Technicians on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Coordinates tenant relations and repairs on the Edison Campus, segregates cost for profit/non-profit entities and participates in development, coordination and execution of capital projects as well as the overall long-range space planning and utilization for MTF and the tenant(s) on the Campus. Coordinates associated site outages and any service impacting events and associated lease terms and conditions.
- Audits and ensures compliance of all facilities contracts (MTF and MSM) and provides advice and consultation to employees, contract and vendor services to support 24x7 site operations for the Edison Campus.
- Assists in overseeing scheduling and documents equipment maintenance; calibration for laboratories and office areas as well as building shell and core infrastructure systems; freezer monitoring system; temperature logs; equipment preventive maintenance as required in either Operation and/or assistance to Maintenance Peer Role.
- Reviews documentation and/or communicates deviation from standard operating procedures and performs corrective action if necessary for operational and maintenance calls and repairs.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance of electrical systems, emergency transfer switchgear and/or test runs of generator and electrical coordination of emergency and standard power systems.
- Monitors applicable Standard Operating Procedures related to maintenance, repairs, preventative maintenance, and calibration.
- Coordinates 24x7 rotating call schedule and response for off-hour diagnosis and repair of life safety systems and utility services (electric, gas, water and sewer) to support Core, R&D, Office and mechanical support environments.
- MTF primary point of contact with Utility Providers for PSE&G, American Water, Elizabethtown Gas and MCUA. Coordinates with Incident Commander to coordinate tactical restoration and contingency plans during interruption of utility services
- Oversees on a 24x7 basis site contracts, repairs, maintenance and service provisioning for all Edison Campus including security and life safety environments including outcall, alarm, sprinkler, FM 200 systems and site laboratory systems and services.
- Member of 24x7x365 Emergency Response Team (ERT) at site for response to fire, flood, chemical spills, power failures, and/or other site emergencies and/or responses. Also maintains and updates Processing and R&D emergency operations procedures, lists, contact numbers, etc as a part of ERT contingency plan.
- Coordinates with Director and Executive Management on site snow removal services and provides critical input supporting closings, delays, or normal operational status of the Edison Campus.
- Assists in the development of project plans for designated facilities construction repair and renovation projects including, but not limited to coordination of approved project plans to provide supporting architectural, engineering, project management, construction documents and tactical completion of projects.
- Maintains Operations Department work order system to monitor workflow and completion of assigned tasks and projects. Also, oversees and ensures Operations Department Positive Closure reporting system is up to date.
- Assists in budget preparation for MTF and MSM expense and capital budgets; tracks monthly Operations Departmental expenditures.
- Coordinates tactical space planning for Edison Campus and all internal moves with the IT Department related to current year headcount or moves and rearrangements throughout the year.
- Oversees new furniture purchases and coordinates layout with furniture vendor for new and/or replacement furniture as per Corporate Standards.
- Responsible for the coordination of Edison Emergency Response Team supplies and training for OSHA, DEP and NFPA standards associated with ERT annual operation procedure requirements. Also responsible for NJDEP, State, Local, and Federal annual plan issuance and upgrades.
- Supports and tracks effectiveness of performance based goals for Facilities Operations staff as established by participating in active management responsibilities such as continuous improvement schedules, schedule review meetings, and schedule controls for ongoing improvement.
- Establishes and communicates performance expectations and timelines for measuring accomplishment of department and facility-specific goals.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of training plans for new staff and works closely with Biocon counterparts to ensure consistency and documentation of training in employee files and Master Control.
- Maintains current knowledge base with latest FDA, AATB, and industry standard changes.
- Assume and supervise projects as assigned by the Director of Facilities. Additional duties as assigned.
1. High school degreerequired.
2. Minimum seven years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, or equipment maintenance.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel; database skills.
4. Knowledge of sterile technique helpful.
5. Ability to read and decipher blue prints, service contracts and construction documents.
6. Budget preparation and planning experience.
7. Ability to negotiate service and repair contracts.
8. Knowledgeable in contractor supervision and management.
9. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
10. Must be able to climb roof ladders.
11. Must be able to do a substantial amount of walking.
Job ID 2017-3110