The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with the plant’s leaders on human resource issues and proactively developing plans to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities.
- Managing the administration of the plant’s various processes and programs in alignment with company policies and practices. This includes recruiting, employee relations, dispute resolution, and annual merit reviews & performance management while ensuring effectiveness, equity, fairness and compliance.
- Providing oversight of all Affirmative Action Plans and related postings and resolutions.
- Handling all matters regarding employee relations on a timely and proactive basis while keeping management informed as appropriate.
- Proactively manage manpower planning and ensure effective staffing area employees. Developing and scheduling employee communication activities to foster positive attitudes toward company goals and strategic activities.
- Identify and abide by legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions.
- Appropriately handling inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Managing records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, safety and sexual harassment.
- Working with Managers on employee development, talent management, compensation, personnel and other strategic business issues.
- Overseeing on-boarding and training of new employees.
- Conducting wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rates.
- Preparing employee separation notices and related documentation and conducting exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Preparing monthly reports and recommended procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Participating in the implementation and utilization of continuous improvement strategies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & AVAILABILITY:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of plant human resources experience. SPHR certification preferred but not required.
· The Manager of Human Resources must be capable of implementing corporate-based human resources initiatives while innovative, proactive, practical, creative and technically competent.
· He/She must also possess exceptional integrity and honesty along with considerable skill in communicating to the many constituents that must be served throughout the plant and the company.
· He/She needs to be available for some business travel which should represent less than 10% of their work time for corporate meetings and recruiting.