As the Compensation & Benefits Manager, you will drive the development, implementation, and communication of current and revised compensation and benefits programs, policies and procedures that are equitable, competitive, and responsive to Vulcan’s dynamic business needs. You will manage the day to day administration of the company’s benefit programs, including retirement, medical, dental, vision, life and disability, flexible spending and health savings accounts, and wellness. Your timely counsel will offer hands on support to employees and business key partners to solve complex problems or concerns. While not required, your experience in managing compensation programs is highly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all benefit plans including enrollment (new hire, open enrollment, qualifying event changes, and process benefit terminations) while ensuring compliance to HIPPA and other Federal/State regulatory requirements
- Collect, analyze, and report on benefits related data, including budget/financial and utilization. Manage Departmental expenditures to budget
- Routinely review and make recommendations on benefits programs and strategies to maintain market competitiveness with cost effective enhancements
- Ensure all aspects of leave administration is managed effectively
- Manage vendor contracts and services including negotiations, renewals (tracking and negotiating) and the investigation of complaints and concerns
- Partner with outside auditors and 401(k) administrators in formal audits to assist in collecting requested information and responding to questions during the formal and informal 401K audit process.
- Coordinate and communicate with payroll regarding COBRA payments, benefits billings, fringe benefits and cost-sharing contributions, open enrollment and FSA enrollment
- Assist with the completion of surveys and creation of reports and analysis of compensation data from third-party survey vendors
- Manage and maintain compensation structure, internal policies and practices, both formal and informal, and develop clear guidelines or revised policies as needed
- Ensure compensation plan compliance with federal, state and locationcompensationlaws while owning data integrity and accuracy of reporting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Expert knowledge of:
- COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA Health & welfare benefits, including self-insured medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), etc.
- Filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs (ERISA, COBRA, PPCAA, IRS Regulations, Department of Labor, HIPAA, CMS)
- Advanced MS Excel capability to drive the analysis of quantitative data and qualitative data and draw conclusions
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple work streams forward simultaneously
- Must have strong analytical skills using both quantitative and qualitative data and have the ability to draw conclusions from analysis
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and security of information.
- Strong problem solving with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy and to exercise sound judgment while handling complex benefits and compensation issues in a dynamic environment
- Previous people management experience
- Familiarity with Oracle HCM
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR certified or Benefits and/or Compensation certifications (CBP, CEBS, or CCP)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and 10 plus years’ relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Travel estimated to be 5% for training and conference attendance.