Jacobs ISG provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Service Transition Analyst supports the service validation and testing function. The Service Transition Analyst’s primary responsibility to provide quality assurance for new or changed services or service offerings.
- Under the guidance and leadership of the Test Lab and Environment O&M Lead, the Service Transition Analyst will create, catalog, and maintain a library of test models, test cases, test scripts, and test data
- Understanding the policies, processes and practices applicable to testing applications, programs, applied patches, and configuration modifications
- Build and maintain a library of testing procedures and protocols for integration and regression testing services
- Execute test management and control practices by recording, monitoring progress, and reporting on established test procedures
- Provide estimates on submitted material so that Project Managers may assess impact to milestones and timelines
- Ensure that all elements of submitted Service Design Packages are tested according to specifications
- Troubleshoot, identify, and recommend changes to applications, modules, patches, or other source code that fails to meet required testing parameters
- Perform other testing-related functions as may be required or directed by the Test Lab and Environment O&M Lead
- Prior experience working in a controlled testing environment
- Prior experience in developing, maintaining and executing test models
- Ability to plan, organize and manage required work efforts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- IAT Level II Certification
- Demonstrated experience with ITSM tools (e.g. Remedy or ServiceNow)
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
This position requires a Bachelors’ degree with 3 years of experience or a total of 7 years’ related experience. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.