RN Home Health Case Manager - Salary: $60,000-80,000
QUALIFICATIONS: A current unencumbered State Professional Nurse License.
- familiar with the admission process and the requirements that must be met for Medicare benefits.
- One-yearexperience as a home care professional nurse and is competent in performing home care comprehensive assessment.
- The ability to make sound professional clinical judgment.
- The ability to assess and document patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs.
- Proficient clinical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to read, write and comprehend English.
- An automobile to be used for work, current driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance.
- Proficiency in personal computer use, including e-mail, clinical, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Under the physician’s order, admits patients eligible for home care services within 24-48 hours.
- Assess and evaluates patient needs/problems, identifies mutually agreed upon goals with patients.
- Reports patient status and need for other disciplines to agency Clinical Supervisor and referring physician.
- Reports to assigned follow-up Clinician as indicated.
- Submits change orders per agency policy.
- Performs all OASIS time point assessment per Medicare Criteria and submits recertification paperwork per agency policy and procedure.
- Maintains open lines of communications to all members of the continuum of care team.
- Supervises Home Health Aide and license and documents per Medicare criteria and per agency policy and procedure.
- Acts as a preceptor in the orientation of new nursing staff as requested.
- Attends staff meetings, team conferences and educational in-services per agency requirements.
- Participates in Process Improvement (PI) program by assisting with collection of data and serves on PI team upon request.