In this role you will work across multiple vertical markets to lease/sell mobile offices, storage units and modular buildings. You will take direct ownership of an assigned territory and deliver the highest level of service to existing customers while proactively developing a pipeline of new business. Two areas key to your success with Williams Scotsman will be your understanding of branch fleet logistics, availability and asset class/condition and responsiveness in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Aggressively prospect, cold call, penetrate new accounts and increase revenue across a wide range of vertical markets including construction, energy, healthcare, education and government.
- Demonstrate drive and focus in meeting or exceeding designated goals for assets leased, revenue and product delivery, as well as new account generation.
- Engage prospects with a consultative selling style and establish credibility and trust based on your quick grasp of their business needs.
- Interact effectively and build rapport with customers ranging from C-level executives to construction managers, resulting in long-term productive relationships.
- Partner with Sales Support in an environment that values team selling; use discernment and know when to leverage the expertise and relationships of Key Account and National Sales Managers to close complex deals.
- Craft solutions and accurately prepare quotes/proposals in conjunction with operations teams for projects ranging from mobile and highly configurable offices and storage units to custom multi-level modular buildings for a more permanent installation.
- Establish customer loyalty through a regular schedule of site visits; seek out opportunities to upsell or covert leases to sales.
- Utilize Salesforce.com CRM when prospecting; document lead generation and all pertinent account/prospect conversations and activity.
- Monitor and stay abreast of developments in your territory and gain advantage by thoroughly understanding the competitive landscape.
- Maintain Williams Scotsman market leadership by conducting business with the highest degree of integrity and proactively addressing all customer service issues.
Key factors for success (short-term, mid-term and long-term)
- Strong self starter, team player, able to work with all company departments. Enthusiastic about day to day activities, and brings a positive attitude to work every day.
- Effectively communicates with others, strong phone skills.
- Strong follow up skills, overcomes objections rather than sidesteps or ignores them
- Doesn’t allow previous problem situations to bias a customer contact or prevent from actively pursuing opportunities.
- Well Organized, able to handle multiple tasks at once
- Able to act as a technical adviser to customer to assist with site and permit issues.
- Goal oriented, has a strategic mind set, plans accordingly for all activities
- Self motivated with high level of drive, energy, persistence and initiative. Is proactive, committed, has high standards, achievement oriented, does what it takes to get job done and has a high level of enthusiasm with everything they do.
- Tenacious and proficient at developing long term relationships that grow year over year, always prepared to act as a consultant and resource to customers, sees the opportunities in customers and prospects, bases decisions on fact and intuition.
- Consistently initiates regular customer contact and seeks evaluation of past performance and suggestions for improvement
- Able to recognize the various stages of opportunities, recognized buying signals, can effectively trial close, able to close a deal on the phone and is able to ask for the customers commitment to Williams Scotsman
- Ability to understand the nuances of managing a project from start to finish, including delivery, set up, site and design issues while maintaining margins
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience and a track record of sales achievement.