The Retail Software Analyst reports directly to the Manager of Retail Applications in the Information Technology Department. The primary role of this position will be to support software applications and platforms that are critical to various operations of the retail environment. Daily tasks include diagnostics, troubleshooting and fixing hardware and software problems during outages and making sure that all the critical software and network components are recovered in time and provide technical support to businesses teams.
- Develop, maintain and manage systems, software tools and applications and interfaces between retail systems.
- Define requirements for retail business requirements and objectives and develop specifications for software applications. Evaluate options and make recommendations for new software purchase or in-house development of custom applications
- Part of the ROS (Retail Operations Support) Team on rotational on-call basis, supporting 24/7 processes critical to retail operations.
- Analyze, design and develop modifications and changes to existing systems to enhance performance.
- Work with end users at all business levels on training requirements for the use of existing and new applications, including writing and delivering training material as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in evaluation, development, testing, and installation of new system software in on-premise, SaaS and PaaS environments.
- A strong knowledge of IT in general, including familiarity with various programming languages, tracing and debugging, and software development tools.
- Experience support mobile apps on Android, Windows, and Apple devices and software.
- The ability to explain technical information in non-technical terms is essential for interacting with business team members.
- Ability to work well on multiple projects with competing and shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills - including the use of written, electronic, and oral communication.
- Sound reasoning, analytical, and problem solving aptitude; Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and travel as required.