Provides advanced support and demonstrates expertise in functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to employment/recruiting, employee relations, and general human, payroll, benefits and resource systems. Oversees the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values.
- Designs, implements and maintains internally equitable job evaluation system by reviewing job descriptions, performing observations, interviewing employees and computing compensable factor points.
- Ensures competitive external pay position by procuring, designing, conducting and analyzing salary surveys.
- Recommends salary ranges, adjustments to structures and revisions to pay practices and policies by analyzing data and preparing charts, graphs and trend lines for executive review.
- Instructs managers and supervisors to equitably administer compensation systems by advising, counseling and coaching on pay policies and practices.
- Promotes understanding and credibility of the compensation system by communicating with employees and management through a variety of methods, including new employee orientation and job re-evaluation consulting.
- Provides management with relevant information requested for a special project using statistical analysis techniques.
- Assists department in meeting company's manpower requirements by assuming complete recruitment campaign responsibility for any level position within the organization for assigned client groups.
- Provides generalist support by absorbing project or backup support for any activity within the department including employee counseling, policy clarification, benefit administration, exit interviews.
- Provides project management leadership for computer upgrades, purchases, conversions, and otherHRIS (PeopleSoft) initiatives.
- Seeks and designs process improvements utilizing technological solutions.
- Creates, champions, and implements new and innovative programs that positively impact the organization.
- Assists in the fostering and administration of Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity programs.
- Provides ongoing career development assistance to employees through counseling, diagnostic instruments and training programs.
- Reviews and audits administration of benefit programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field.
- 7 or more years’ human resources management experience.
- 5+ in an HR Manager role.
- PC proficiency with various software including MS Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint & Word. Work in payroll and benefit systems.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources principals and advanced management theories.
- Management ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees, regulatory agencies and corporate staff.
- Excellent verbal, written, reading and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective listening skills for employee and supervisory counseling discussions or policy clarification.
- Creative program/policy development and ability to implement.
- Requires recruitment expertise.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse employee population.
- Ability to conceive new approaches, streamline processes, and create positive customer interactions.
- Strong time management, project management skills, and stress management skills and the ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to apply proactive management principles with sound judgment and influence.