CNO Financial Group in Carmel, IN is seeking a Paralegal for its corporate legal department.
The Paralegal role will be responsible for assisting in-house and outside counsel on labor & employment matters, litigation, errors & omission insurance, workers compensation, unemployment claims, and garnishments.
- Reviews, organizes and maintains legal documents, including notices, pleadings and correspondence, and manages calendar of corresponding due dates/deadlines
- Assists in document collection for litigation matters
- Responds to unemployment claims and garnishments
- Prepares various reports and maintains multiple databases
- Coordinates and interacts with outside attorneys and legal assistants
- Conducts legal research, prepares legal resource materials performs various legal tasks and provides assistance to other departments requiring legal assistance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Certified paralegal or bachelors degree required
- 7+ years’ experience as a paralegal in law firm or corporate legal department (insurance company experience preferred)
- Strong knowledge of labor and employment law
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (logic, problem solving, and decision making)
- Advanced skills in legal analysis, research and writing
CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: CNO) provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through our family of insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. 40|86 Advisors, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNO Financial, is a fixed income investment advisor.