Senior Accounting Analyst - Mutual Funds
Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT USE ALL CAPS or any special characters. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
We are currently seeking talented Mutual Fund Senior Accounting Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
The Mutual Fund Senior Accounting Analyst is a member of the Mutual Fund Administration team and will work closely withother team members in overseeing the work related to 1940 Actmutual funds, including reviewing regulatoryreports, oversight of accounting agent, researching and disclosing new accounting pronouncements, andother related projects. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members and performs complex work assignments and problem resolution to support organizational accounting processes through one or more of the following activities: journal entries, account reconciliations, generalledger maintenance,financial statement production,audit support and coordination,reporting and analysis, and/orportfolioadministration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree. Four (4) years of directly related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Six (6) years relevant work experience performing standard accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results for internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Masters degree in Accounting or Finance
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of relevant work experience performing standard accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results for internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
- Understanding of all aspects of mutual funds from an investment, operational, regulatory, taxation, and financialreporting perspective.
- Understanding of internal control procedures, particularly in the areas of impacts to the NAV calculation and financialreporting.
- Knowledge of Registered Investment Company reporting requirements, SEC regulations, US GAAP, and financialreporting.
- Understanding in developing innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of data extraction techniques and applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Excel and Access (e.g. VBA, SQL, use of pivot tables & V&H-lookups)
- Experience with FundSuite
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.