What you’ll be doing…
The Senior Instructional Designer is responsible for designing learning solutions for Tableau’s internal customers across the global sales and customer supportorganization. This role will design solutions using the following instructional modes: instructor-led classroom, synchronous eLearning, asynchronous eLearning, blended learning, and flipped classroom. You will participate in the design and development of this curriculum. In addition, this role will also work with the Learning & Development Manager and the rest of the Sales Readiness team to develop curriculum strategies and deployment plans for customers. The Senior Instructional Designer must be passionate about education and understand how adults learn. This is a cross- functional role that will partner with Key Business Stakeholders, Learning Program Managers, Product Trainers, and Information Technology Specialists.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Work with key stakeholders to analyze customer needs and make solution recommendations driven by the business need.
- Design and develop learning solutions that support adult learning best practices and create impactful and positive behavior change.
- Create processes, templates, and best practice resources to enable theReadiness and Sales organization to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Provide consulting and leadership in the development of curriculum and learning solutions.
- Be a mentor to sales trainers, product trainers, and business partners on best practices in instructional design and enablement solutions.
- Constantly improve the design of learning solutions based on the latest research in adult learning.
- Program and/or project manage as needed.
Who you are…
- Excellent Communicator and Educator. Superior writing skills, with ability toexplain technical concepts to a diverse audience. Able to design learning around a broad range of subject matters.
- Experienced. Experience in designing instruction for a range of learning methods. (E.g. ILT, asynchronous, blended learning, etc.)
- Educated. 6+ years of instructional design experience in a technical environment. Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related discipline; or equivalent experience. Able to provide a portfolio of instructional material that you have designed.
- Highly Organized and Flexible. Able to manage expectations and customer demands. Able to work iteratively, inviting and managing continuous improvement in an agile development environment.
- Technically Savvy. Able to learn new technologies and concepts quickly. Able to build learning experiences to effectively build skill around technical content.
- A True Team Player. You’re the best at what you do and you know how towork with your colleagues to get their best. Able to collaborate well withpeople who have a diverse sets of expertise and skills to deliver outstanding learning experiences in a rapidly dynamic environment.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Able to interact frequently with program managers, developers, quality engineers, and other writers for the purpose of gaining and clarifying technical knowledge.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you willbe asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!