LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name. Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
Can you handle multiple projects at once? Can you foresee problems and fix them before they become an issue?
- Be present in the office daily
- Collaborate closely with the Charlotte, NC office management team and Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Organize events: off-site get to gathers, birthdays, lunches, holiday party, summer party, whatever.
- Not just a doer but a thinker.
- Develop creative morale building ideas.
- Book some senior-level staff travel; prepare expense reports
- Play important role in the interview process for candidates: schedule interviews, arrange travel and lodging, send emails to the Burlingame office announcing interviews in advance, always be in the office to greet candidates when they arrive, consistently serve as 'host' for candidates
- Assist with scheduling and logistics (e.g., cars, hotels, travel/from to Burlingame) for meetings and events held there (e.g., training, all staff meetings, etc.).
- Manage onboarding process for all Burlingame new hires
- Learn basics of company benefits, policies and practices
- Serve as first contact for basic employee issues (benefits, pay, problems, etc.), handling those that are appropriate; forwarding others to appropriate HR contact in CLT.
- Serve as company liaison for Burlingame property management company
- Make sure Burlingame office supplies are purchased and assigned bills are paid
- Receive and distribute mail
- Serve as Tech and AV liaison with Charlotte office
- Order and manage inventory of all computers, equipment and supplies.
- General office administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ yrs. experience as an Office Manager, as an Executive Assistant and/or on a human resources team - preferably with a start-up company
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Very strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook