This is a Therapeutic Specialist position in our IHD division that covers Jacksonville, FL.
- Responsible for representing Gilead’s products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area.
- Responsible for developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to each geography.
- Comprehensive understanding of Gilead and competitor products in their therapeutic area, and an in depth knowledge of the complexities associated with the disease state.
- Actively promotes the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals in accordance with Corporate, PhRMA and OIG guidelines.
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior and conduct.
- Strict compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and federal law is required.
- Develops and aggressively implements a territory business plan to meet customer needs and achieve goals.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Prepares territory budget plans for customer contacts, unrestricted educational grants, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Scientists, National Account Managers, Therapeutic Center Specialists, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians. May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Reports adverse events to Gilead’s Drug Safety and Public Health department and other internal departments as appropriate per required guidelines.
- Performs all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting call activity and customer information into the appropriate call reporting system in a timely manner, submitting expenses, etc.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and business ethics and demonstrates Gilead’s company values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inclusion.
- Possess superior selling skills honed in highly competitive markets.
- Proven expertise in building relationships and influencing.
- Aptitude for rapid learning and retention of technical and scientific product related information.
- Must set high goals and standards of performance and be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years of pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience.
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives, preferably in specialty markets.
- Previous product launch experience in a highly competitive environment