Senior Product Engineer
Tracking Code2014076Job Description
Senior Product Engineer
Working in conjunction with and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Product Engineer is responsible for design, development, validation, release & launch of new products. The Senior Product Engineer is also responsible for continuous improvement of current production products & assistance with manufacturing process improvement, customer concerns & supplier development. As a member of the management team, will provide resources and direct the team toensure that there are sufficient internal control environment to meet the financial reporting and operations support needs for the company and to comply with the regulatory requirements.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / EnPro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Participate in cross-functional new product commercialization teams either as team leader of technical point person.
- Establish product requirements for performance, durability and reliability together with any other customer requirements while conforming to a stage gate development process
- Execute accurate and consistent design documentation and distribution.
- Execute appropriate and required design analysis to minimize testing requirements and minimize cycle time, while establishing high confidence of performance goal achievement.
- Report progress to technical program goals on a regular basis to team, Group Leader and/or VP Engineering tocommunicate risks, opportunities and status of each new product program against established milestones.
- Identify tools, equipment, and profile required to execute programs and ensure that these requirements are reflected in the division’s operating and capital budgets.
- Act as mentor to other engineers, associate engineers and drafters, where appropriate, to foster career growth, skills development, and training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar accredited Engineeringcurriculum.
- Minimum seven years engineeringexperience.
- Must be computer literate in Windows applications, minimum word processing and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of CAD, CAE, FEA is a plus.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal)
- Must be capable of dealing with all aspects of new product development and commercialization.
- Knowledge of materials, metrology, metallurgy, casting, forming, welding methods and industry test requirements
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle braking system component development preferred
- Strong program management skills combined with experience in: DFMEA, PPAP, ISO 9001:2008 and become familiar with ISO9001:2015 or TS-16949.
- Active participation in related industry associations such as SAE and TMC task/study groups
7 - 10 years engineeringexperience