The Center Nurse Executive leads the Center clinical team to fulfill theorganization's mission, vision and values. This position has overall accountability for providing leadership, direction, and administration of day-to-day operations associated with direct patient care activities, nursing practice, andclinical education and development, including continuous improvement ofnursing services and staff to meet patients/residents and their family's needs and expectations. The CNE communicates a shared vision for clinical excellence and ensures the realization of high quality and cost effective health care services that are consistent with Genesis HealthCare evidence-based practices and policies, regulatory and other legal requirements, andphilosophies. This position is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on top of license practice, interprofessional collaboration, employee engagement, quality, patient safety, service excellence, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient/resident experience. The CNE collaborates with the Center Executive Director and Center Leadership Team to drive business excellence, including strategic planning, budget preparation, and effective oversight of resource utilization.
1. Fosters an environment in which each nursing team member practices to thetop of her/his license, certification and/or skill set and role;
2. Builds and fosters trusting, collaborative relationships between and with staff, peers, other disciplines/professionals and ancillary services;
3. Provides an environment conducive to opinion-sharing and engages nursing team members in decision-making reflecting a shared governance model ofleadership;
4. Assures effective recruitment, interview processes, hiring, on-boarding, andorientation for all nursing team members;
5. Assesses and appraises nursing team member's engagement and strengths, supports each nursing team member's development of career plans andcoaches nursing team members in their professional development;
6. Creates an environment that recognizes and values diversity;
7. Develops, collaborates with and supervises the Nurse Practice Educator to assure her/his effective, ongoing development of nursing practice andengagement through education, training and frontline coaching;
8. Assures that Personnel policies and procedures are implemented consistently and correctly;
9. Applies corrective discipline and/or coaching when needed to mitigate workforce performance and behavior issues;
10. Collaborates with the Center Executive Director to develop, implement, evaluate and update People Plans.
1. Maintains a working knowledge of current clinical practice and the regulatory requirements affecting that practice and exhibits the value of continuous learning;
2. Determines the workforce/staffing model for the Nursing department necessary to meet the nursing needs of the patients;
3. Oversees implementation and evaluation of the staffing model to assure high quality, cost-effective care;
4. Implements, evaluates and develops an effective nursing practice model tomeet the needs of diverse patient populations;
5. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments and professionals toprovide timely, safe and effective care consistent with individual's needs, choices and preferences;
6. Ensures there are safe, coordinated and thorough admission and discharge planning processes in place;
7. Organizes and leads effective clinical meetings, rounds, shift to shift communication and huddles to assure effective patient/resident outcomes.
8. Contributes to a learning organization culture through ongoing professional development and support of nursing staff to pursue continuous professional development.
QualificationsSPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, college or university with a current registerednurse licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
2. A minimum of five yearsfull-time or equivalent clinical experience with at least two years experience in nursing supervision in the long-term care setting is required.
3. BSN preferred.
4. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
5. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance withCompany policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
6. Maintains current BLS/CPR certification (All SNFs and Behavioral Centers; ALFs/ILFs as required by State).