The Water Environment Federation is seeking a Sales Operations Manager to join its team. The Sales Operations Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the sales support services of the advertising sales department as part of WEF’s strategic plan. The manager will assist global hybrid sales teams with all operational tasks and develop systems and new processes to connect the internal and external sales team function; establish daily procedures related to the advertising department; manage advertising production to ensure products and services contracted are delivered on time; serve the operational hub center of the sales team, and control all advertising functions/events for WEFTEC. In coordination with Finance and Sales department, this position will also establish projections, collection and credit procedures for advertising.
- Oversees production of advertisements in print and electronic media. Collaborates with Creative Services to determine the layout of the print magazine WE&T, and WEFTEC related Publications.
- Oversees development of advertising marketing materials to include electronic advertising, lead generation program, banner ads, updates advertising pages on website.
- Establishes and administers financial procedures for advertising and collaborates with Financial Management on invoicing and billing. Enters all advertising orders, process invoices, prepares billing and prepares commission payments.
- Identifies reporting issues, gaps in processes, troubleshoots service issues, recommends and improves current processes with advertising procedures and collaborates with Director of Sales on changes.
- Manages execution of the design, planning, implementation and management of sales operation projects and new advertising product initiatives to improve sales productivity.
- Serves as subject matter expert on Salesforce CRM management and communication. Organizes business processes, such as projections and collaboration among multiple departments and commission tracking.
- Works closely with IT, Marketing, WEFTEC and Finance departments to standardize operational processes and provide metrics required to support business objectives.
- Ensures all the following:
- Advertising orders entered correctly in a time-frame as established by Finance Department.
- Advertising commissions are paid accurately and timely.
- Finance receives monthly ad billing direction.
- Sales Representatives are knowledgeable on sales procedures, WEF policies and production requirements.
- Advertisements contain suitable subject matter, are accurate, and are prepared and sent to vendors by deadline.
- Expenses approved are within budgeted amounts.
- Layout of magazine fulfills negotiated space commitments to advertisers.
- Manages all Salesforce design, development and implementation.
- Makes frequent contact with WEF members/customers, contractors or vendors, and other WEF employees. Occasional contact with other organizations or companies and WEF committee members.
- College degree in Marketing/Advertising or related area or commensurate experience
- 3+ years project management experience in a marketing/sales or advertising environment
- Experience with digital ad copy production on MAC and PC platforms
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle difficult situations
- Computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel, database applications, and publishing software