North American Credit Cards and Merchant Services (NACC&MS) organization was formed in Fall2011 and brings together the credit cards and merchant services businesses in Canada and the US. TD’s credit card products are distributed through theretaildistributionnetwork in the U.S. and Canada; on a national basis in Canada leveraging direct responsechannels; and, through hundreds ofpartnership programs withfinancial institutions,retailers, non-profit organization, sports teams, andother third party organizations. In addition, TD offers private label financing in the U.S. and Canada. With the acquisition of the MBNAportfolio in2011, TD’s credit card business is now ranked among the largest in Canada and among the top 10 in North America based onloans outstanding. TD’s Merchant Services business provides merchants in Canada and the U.S. with a full range of payment processing services and solutions. TD provides merchant acquiring solutions to some of the largestretailers in Canada.
The Product Information Analyst performs a varied range of analysis from multipleinternal and external sources and provides ongoing information and intelligence to the team.
• Leads the planning, creation and maintenance of more complex analysis requiring a broader understanding of Bank concepts and analytic techniques.
• Performs data extracts from a variety of databases.
• Independently directs work flow.
• Often represents the group in cross functional teams, coordinating work both within and outside the department.
• Strategic focus is more medium to long term.
• May supervise assigned staff and/or mentor less experienced analysts.
• Makes recommendations to the business regarding risks and opportunities based on various analyses performed.
• Works to provide required backup and cross training within the group.
• Utilizes analysis and research to identify opportunities for the organization to more effectively maximize revenue or control expenses.
• Manages data gathering / collection in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
• Ensures data, reports and analysis reconcile to Finance, where applicable.
• Proactively identifies unusual variances.
• Manages the flow of data to / from external vendors asrequired.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years related experience required
• Demonstrated database background /skills
• Experienced with complex financial modeling and advanced analytics.
• Requires specialized / advanced database skills in order to perform more complex analytical functions
• Excellent communication / presentation skills, both verbal and written with ability to translate information so that users can effectively understand and make meaningful, informed decisions and recommendations.
• Demonstrated project management skills with ability to develop, facilitate and bring to successful conclusion.
• Ability to develop project plans, works independently and effectively under time constraints within a fast paced environment to deliver results by critical deadlines.
• Ability to build business and technical relationships as well as other business partners.
• Demonstrated PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (strong Access & Excel skills a must) with an understanding of database design and troubleshooting
• Data driven with strong analytical capabilities preferred
• Portfolio Analyst experience preferred
• Financial / Credit Cardexperiencepreferred
Mon – Fri