Big Data Security Specialist
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Information Security covers the development and management of security strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls. Priorities include: mitigating and managing cybersecuritythreats, ensuring systems availability, aligning with global regulatory risk and compliance requirements, managing systems and network complexity, and partnering with businesses for better technology delivery by providing advice on technology controls.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to develop and implement Technology Controls and Information Security related policies, programs and tools. You will provide specialized expertise and guidance on assessing risks, identifying potential gaps and providing security solutions to mitigate risks and protect TD. You may also participate on projects of moderate to high complexity and provide complex reporting, analysis, and assessments at the functional, business line or enterprise level.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Guide partners on a broad range of specific Technology Controls and Information Security programs, policies, standards and incidents.
- Conduct risk assessment, required controls definition, control procedure appropriateness, vulnerability assessments and any other relevant areas.
- Lead or contribute to the completion of risk and control design assessments for an assigned business application, business portfolio, and overall enterprise, as well as risk mitigation and remediation plans and remediation strategy.
- Contribute to the definition, development, and oversight of a global security management strategy and framework.
- Ensure technology, processes, and governance are in place to monitor, detect, prevent, and react to both current and emerging technology and securitythreats against TDBG’s business.
- Develop on-going technologyriskreporting, monitoring key trends and defining metrics to regularly measure control effectiveness for own area.
- Adhere to internal policies and procedures, technology control standards, and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying potential opportunities for improvement.
- Adhere to, advise, oversee, monitor and enforce enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to technology controls / information security activities.
- Influence behavior to reduce risk and foster a strong technologyrisk management culture throughout the enterprise .
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- A collaborative and engaging self-starter who partners well with others; the individual will partner with Business and Technology Front line Managers, vendors, auditors and counterparts at other Financial Institutions.
- Deep Financial Institution knowledge is an asset as the job requires solid lobbying and influencing skills across TDBG and a pragmatic, reasoned approach is often required for success.
- University degree in technology or engineering
- 8-10 years’ experience in the area of IT risk and technology in a large organization of which 5 years in information security
- 5 years experience in Enterprise Data protection security
- Big data, data security and data treatment knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of big data technologies (i.e. Hadoop) and analytics applications
- CISSP and/or CISM accreditation
- Experience in a high transaction, large/complex/matrix business environment ideally within Financial Services
- Deep knowledge of IT security and Risk disciplines and practices
- Ability to articulate technology into business solutions
- Excellent client engagement/management and team skills
- Possesses exceptional strategic thinking, planning and relationship skills
- Ability to influence management and build credibility across the organization
- Strong team and communication skills
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.