Manager, Marketing Operations
About Colliers International
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Colliers professionals think differently, share great ideas and offer thoughtful and innovative advice that help clients accelerate their success. Colliers has been ranked among the top 100 global outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals for 12 consecutive years, more than any other real estate services firm.
Purpose of Position:
We are seeking a Manager for Marketing Operations team to join our Toronto Downtown office. The Manager, Marketing Operations will successfully implement and execute programs that enhance Colliers’ ability to gain and maintain market share. This role will focus in the areas of marketing execution, communications, proposal development and management. Most importantly, the Manager, Marketing Operations will ensure that marketing programs are aligned with business goals and are consistent with Colliers’ core values.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will have extensive experience delivering best-in-class integrated marketingcampaigns, go-to-market plans and experiential initiatives, combined with the confidence to challenge the ‘status quo’. We require an innovative thinker who seeks out marketing solutions that will help broaden, deepen and amplify client interactions, but who does so using knowledge and analysis to make informed decisions
Implementation of Marketing and Sales Strategies
- Meets with brokers to gain insight and direction into understanding clients and opportunities
- Collaborates to translate business needs and evolving priorities into marketing strategies and go-to-market plans that deliver against targets
- Writing and structing of proposals, bids and internal communications, and managing RFPs/RFIs processes start-to-end
- Implements innovative and effective marketing plans to build individual, team and specialists’ market identities
- Supports the design and implementation of effective marketing toolkits for brokers to utilize
- Ability to design client-driven marketing plans, and market campaigns
- Experience with executing and coaching against a disciplined sales process, while fostering relationships with advisors to give direction.
- Works with advisors and the Director to create the overall strategy for major property marketingcampaigns
- Works with the market intelligence team to understand market research required for specific client projects
- Manages the marketing team resources to ensure major campaigns are executed at an industry-leading standard
- Advocates for progressive marketing tactics (digital, social media, etc.) and fosters an environment of creativity and innovation
- Maintains relationships with vendors (print, media, PR, creative, etc.) where necessary to ensure property marketing needs are serviced
- Assists with new business presentations and client pitches, creating best-in-class content
- Ability to ask critical questions to create client value messaging and specific content to match the opportunity
- Management of the proposal work flow and editing process
- Key contributor in the development, writing and editing of proposals and supporting materials
- Ability to implement and maintain a centralized content management system to execute on proposal delivery
- Ensure Colliers’ visual guidelines and standards are adhered to, ensuring all marketing collateral and activities are aligned to our brand position and brand standards.
- Advocates the importance of the Colliers brand, consistency of messaging and quality marketing solutions.
- Ultimately responsible for the quality and consistency of all marketing collateral produced.
- Ensures approval processes are met.
- Implements the regional or local marketing plan in accordance with stated objectives
- Acts as a leader and inspires all local operational and support team members to contribute fully to the achievement of revenue and brand objectives
- Provides mentorship indirectly through relationships with the brokerage teams by maintaining a culture of collaboration, growth, development, loyalty and engagement
- Participates and facilitates the sharing of best practices amongst local offices and between regions
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Qualification and Knowledge
- 7-10years marketing and advertising experience, with at least 3years in a strategic capacity
- Experience supporting and advocating within a change management environment
- Capacity to write and generate content with strong editing and proofreading skills with an emphasis on business writing and an understanding articulating client value
- Analytical, detail oriented nature with experience using numbers to deliver marketing insights and action.
- Ability to engage, influence and impact senior stakeholders
- Anticipates future trends and creates marketing initiatives that reflect the changing environment.
- A strong background in proposal development and management with multiple stakeholders is paramount
- Comfortable in a complex, flat matrix organizational structure with many stakeholders.
- Experience or knowledge of the real estate sector.
- Bachelor’s degree
Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and a focus on results.
- Strong planning, organizational, and project management skills
- Proven effectiveness at building strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Highly collaborative as a skilled team leader/culture builder – can lead, motivate, and develop people to their fullest potential
- Creative-minded - ability to look at leading indicators to identify ideal marketing initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Possesses strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including experience with design practices is required.