The Master Data Management (MDM) Technical Expert works with business users to identify, scope, analyze and finalize requirements for MDM implementation. Pilots and prototypes MDM projects and follows up to complete a production MDM implementation. Tasks involve all phases of the MDM implementation process including requirements analysis, system design, programming, testing, roll-out, maintenance, and operational support. Provide guidance to IT Staff in their tasks.
This position willreport to the MDM & Data Governance Manager and requires a strong understanding of data governance policies, standards and processes. The Master Data Management (MDM) Technical Expert must have “hands-on” MDM knowledge and skills in order to support the key customer andlocation information. Able to support the data flows that get the key customer information from source systems. Monitor and maintain all the customer data processes such as match/merge, data profiling, standardization and data enrichment. Ensure system issues are resolved in a timely manner. Leverage standard Issue, Problem and Change Management ITIL toolset in tracking and providing status on support work activities. Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standardsrequiredfor compliance and identified best practices.
- Provides subject matter expertise on Master Data Management and ETL Concepts.
- Creates the necessary documentation to build, administer, and support all test, development, and production environments.
- Monitor and evaluate daily data and customer processes in order to meet the daily SLA for the Customer Master Data Management environment.
- Assists in developing the MDM solution architecture.
- Performs technical translation of business master data management requirements.
- Drives project management through technical decisions related to master data management.
- Performs a wide range of tasks relating to data extraction, data scrubbing, and data transformation, maintenance of metadata and data dictionaries.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Business Administration preferred. Master’s Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- 7years of progressive enterprise experience in Data Analysis, Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Warehouse solutions using proven solution delivery methodology framework
- 5years of progressive experience in Master Data Management and MDM Hub Implementation (preferred)
- Experience with data warehousing and data mart design and implementation
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- Working knowledge of design, development, and support of an MDM hub
- Working knowledge of extract functionality to downstream systems
- Experience with Extract Transform and Load (ETL) data integration batch processes and API’s
- Proven technical expertise with IBM’s InfoSphere Master Data Management and/or DataStage and QualityStage toolsets
- Experience developing multiple cleansing and standardization scenarios using mappings & industry standard products
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of business reporting tools
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing, data mart design and implementation
- Experience with Big Data and Hadoop
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with enterprise MDM software
- Experience with open source MDM solutions
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with data modeling software
- PMP certification or other related training
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Access required. Experience with SQL strongly preferred.