The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Conservation Information Manager IV conducts spatial analyses and mapping, manages and maintains conservation databases and provides technical support in GIS and othertechnologies to Conservancy staff. This is a 2-year position.
The Conservation Information Manager IV processes spatial and/or relational data sets derived from cartographic and tabular source material, participates in conservation planning, develops methods for mapping and classifying ecosystems and develops and maintains all documentation for data and data management. She/he performs data analysis and produces reports; builds, maintains, and populates databases and manual files; produces maps and/or other graphic products and reports; and develops and maintain GIS library and/or database products library.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Designs, implements and directs complex and diverse projects, encompassing multiple programs and coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside the organization.
- Incorporates cross-disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives.
- Significant opportunity to act independently within broad program goals.
- Manages projects on a large geographic scale.
- Ensures integrity of both data collection and management relating to conservation projects and project statistics.
- BS degree and certification in geography, ecology, the natural sciences, information management and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the spatial and cartographic representation of biological data sets. Working knowledge of ArcGIS Workstation (ArcInfo as well as the GRID Extension), ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and Multi-User Geodatabases.
- Demonstrated experience in working with the Arc Macro Language (AML), Python, and otherdatabase programming tools to facilitate automated data conversion, data analysis, the generation of cartographic products and other project oriented applications.
- Considerable experience producing maps and/or other graphic products and reports.
- Experience in developing and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and web browsers.
- MS, MGIS or similar advanced degree in geography, natural sciences or related field.
- Managing time and diverse activities under deadlines while delivering quality results.
- Experience with other modeling tools and/or strong interest in learning and developing additional analytical skills
- Training experience.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experiences appreciated