Strategic Account Executive - Global Commercial Solutions
What Account Management - Major Accounts contributes to Cardinal Health
Account Management is responsible for managing the success of the relationship with an assigned set of customers in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and Cardinal Health. Responsible for long-term relationship building between the customer, Cardinal Health, and other professional organizations (Group Purchasing Organizations, etc). The complexity of the solution, product, or services offered is variable and can range from simple to moderately complex selling.
Accountabilities in this role
The Strategic Account Executive (SAE) will have leadership responsibility for developing and implementing regionally and locally based contracts that supportsales strategies and objectives across Global Commercial Solutions businesses. The SAE will work collaboratively with the Acute and Non-Acute RVP’s, regional sales teams, and BU contracting teams to develop and execute contracting plans for key accounts. Cross-functional team building, development of contracting strategy, leading negotiations, conducting comprehensive business reviews, positioning of Cardinal Health’s value offering, driving revenue, managing contract compliance integrity, and protecting margin will be key responsibilities.
- Manage key Account relationships at senior executive level (C- suite or senior decision maker), across Regional Purchasing Coalition, Integrated Delivery Network or Dealer
- Responsible for overall account profitability, to include leading deal modeling and approval processes, developing and executing account profitability strategies across Segment
- Negotiating agreements, rebate and discount programs, and resource deployment across account
- Determine overall direction for strategic accounts, understand competitive landscape, market insights, and effectively communicate across key internal and external stakeholders
- Understand account strategic priorities, direction and needs, to develop strategic sales plans across BU’s, to ensure effective prioritization and execution.
- Expand relationships and build customer insights in order to identify new sales opportunities that will grow revenue, profitability and market share.
- Collaborate proactively with business unit commercial teams to execute strategic sales plans.
- Oversee all contracting activity within the account, to include providing leadership and direction for all contract strategies, Request for Proposals (RFP) and locally negotiated agreements. Work with BU teams on deal modeling and financial approval process, and negotiate and manage all contracts within accounts
- Ensure mutual development of KPI’s with account are established, business reviews are conducted to measure and track progress, to attain all customer commitments
- Support ongoing improvement of group strategies, including segmentation and targeting criteria, program and offering development, and organizational effectiveness.
- Coordination of the communication to internal CAH leadership stakeholders on a consistent basis
- Bachelors degreerequired, graduate degreepreferred
- Minimum of 5years sales and/or marketingexperience in healthcare/medical product and services industry
- Minimum of 3years of experience in a team leadership role
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including strategic and analytical skills
- Strong background in complex selling situations, and ability to cultivate and maintain executive relationships.
- Proven success selling diversified product solution and services
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others.
- Strong track record of operating and leading within complex organizations.
- Ability to analyze complex business issues and lead the development of customized action plans to drive value for the customer and Cardinal Health
- Ability to develop and expand relationships with key stakeholders in order to achieve business objectives
- Strong cross-organizational collaboration skills; ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in complex negotiations
- Strong knowledge of hospital and healthcare economics
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and active vehicle insurance policy
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Utilizes broad and deep knowledge to develop innovative new business practices, policies and procedures
- Contributes to the development of department strategy
- Works on or may lead highly complex projects of large scope
- Projects are typically cross-functional and have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which set precedent
- Negotiates complex or risky technical business issues on behalf of the company
- Independently defines project establishes budgets identifies participants and mitigates risk
- Consults with management to determine project objectives with long-term implications
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues