Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Sr. Financial Analyst to join our GO Team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Working with program staff prepares annual MFS budgets for assigned areas. Prepares forecasts monthly using latest information available and through ongoing communication with program staff.
- Maintains funder contracts/works with program staff to prepare funder budgets, reports and revisions as necessary for assigned areas.
- Regularly meets with Executive Directors and Managers individually to advance their understanding of complex financialreporting and assist them in managing their projects financially.
- Prepares ad hoc financial analysis as requested.
- Participates in month end close related to contract revenue accruals, accounts payable and staff allocations. Makes corrections if needed.
- Investigates causes of operating expense variances from budget.
- Reviews and analyzes cash collection and aging reports for assigned contracts. Follows-up on delinquent funders.
- As assigned, responsible for preparation of required external reports including analytical reports/audits to governmental agencies and other funding sources.
- Responds to requests from program staff for financial analysis of assigned projects.
- As assigned, prepares schedules for the annual external audit. Responds to auditor inquiries. Takes lead on funder audits for assigned projects.
- Works effectively with diverse staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and five years’ experience in public accounting or private industry.
- Expertise in automated financial data processing systems.
- Advanced skill level with Financial Edge accounting software and Access.
- Head Start contractexperience is preferred but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network