This person is responsible for the development of new business, and domestic and international marketing for Armtec Defense Products Company.
He/she maintains and extends customer relationships, identifies potential new product initiatives, obtains and analyzes competitive intelligence, and develops and provides strategic business plans to grow the business.
- Maintain and improve direct customer relationships with government and military customers
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement
- Develop and propose strategic business and capture plans
- Collaborate with the Research and Development team to identify potential new product initiatives
- Domestic and international marketing of products for the Ordnance segment of Esterline Defense Technologies
- Obtain and analyze competitive and industry intelligence to create situational awareness on our business
- Develop strategic business plans to grow the business with focus in both domestic and international arenas
- Lead or support proposal activities for selected programs.
- Direct our network of consultants and business development resources.
- Maintain appropriate security clearance (DOD Secret or higher) to conduct the required tasks
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering, or other relevant field is required
- 8 or more years of business development and marketing experience including: Maintaining direct customer relationships; Capturing new business; obtaining and analyzing competitive intelligence; developing strategic business plans to grow the business
- Experience in both domestic and international marketing initiatives
- Experience as a Government Contractor in business development is required.
- Technical skills required to understand and propose products or solutions by focusing on client requirements
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner
- Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the ability to deal with people effectively.
- Ability to travel frequently to customer sites and industry events (50%)
- Demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies as a senior leader: timely/quality decisions, delegation, develops direct reports, process management, innovation management, business acumen, intellectual horsepower, learning on the fly, hiring and staffing.