As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide proven expertise and best practices for revenue cycle in hospitals and hospital systems. Our purpose is simple: We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Why Join the Parallon Team?
Parallon offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Core Plus Voluntary Benefits, Direct Deposit, E-Stubs, 401K Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Wellness and a variety of other benefits. These competitive benefits provide employees with a total rewards package during their employment.
HIM Director, Capital Regional Medical Center in Tallahassee, FloridaExcellent Leadership opportunity! The HIM Director manages the day-to-day operations and assists the Regional HIM Director with oversight and implementation of planning, service level agreements, budgets, workflow processes and internal controls. Also serves as Facility Privacy Officer.
Operational Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Responsible for managing facility based HIM operations and staff including, but not limited to, record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, hard copy retrieval of medical records, tumor and/or trauma registry, and processing of birth certificate/paternity papers as applicable. Routinely assists in the performance of facility based HIM operations including, but not limited to, ad-hoc record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, and hard copy retrieval of medical records as needed.
- Performs facility un-billed activities including physician query follow up, physician incomplete record follow up, collaboration with facility department leaders in monitoring and working un-billed reports, working the applicable HPF queues, working the applicable un-billed management reports and queues, (e.g.,DET/eRequest, Bill 49) and management of HIM operations un-billed processes.
- Works all facility HIM responsible HPF workflow queues (includes, but is not limited to, the Facility HIM, Department Queue, all Coding Pend for Queues, Review Queues, Unknown Document Queue, Cancelled Accounts Queue and all Wait for Queues) according to established workflow guidelines and schedules.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Staff and Facility Leadership to comply with standards and guidelines enforced through the Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules and Regulations (e.g., suspension of privileges) and is responsible for facilitation and execution of physician notification processes regarding medical record documentation deficiency, delinquency, and physician suspension.
- Provides HPF record completion and medical record viewing training and education to medical staff members.
- Provides medical record viewing training and education to other clinical and ancillary personnel.
- Primary facility contact for external agencies requiring on.site viewing of medical records.
- Proactively manages, including corresponding communications and escalation paths, significant issues in HIM operations (e.g., backlogs, turnover), status of projects, barriers and successes.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with ancillary departments and unit managers to ensure optimal record management including thinned record processes, quick record prep and loose reports, record pick up and discharge record reconciliation.
- In conjunction with, and under the leadership of, the Regional HIM Director, serves as a liaison between the HSC and Facility Leadership, including the Medical Staff Leadership, building and maintaining strategic working relationships with the facility and department leadership (working through specific issues, committee meetings, monthly updates, etc.).
- Active participant, at times with the assistance of the Regional HIM Director, in preparing for or assisting with external agency (e.g., The Joint Commission, Board of Health) reviews of the facility.
- May serve as the Facility Privacy Official, Records Management Coordinator, RAC Coordinator, and/or perform state reporting duties.
- May serve, or serve in conjunction with the Regional HIM Director, on facility committees.
- May serve, or serve in conjunction with the Regional HIM Director, as the Medical Record Custodian including making court appearances and certification of medical records via HCA view as applicable.
- Coaches and helps develop team members; disciplines and counsels staff as necessary.
- Performs productivity and quality monitoring and provides timely and consistent feedback to facility based HSC employees.
- Responsible for ensuring facility.based HSC staff schedules adequately support operational requirements established by the HSC Leadership team and executed Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Monitors facility HIM operations performance as outlined in HSC policy and SLA.
- Provides assistance to the HSC Document Imaging Manager as it relates to facility based HSC document imaging staff.
- Ensures all forms to be scanned into HPF are barcoded properly.
- Assists the Regional HIM Director in the development of strategy, specific goals, objectives, budgets, and performance standards relative to the facility HIM operations.
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to lower costs and improve service to facility and SSC customers.
- Coordinates training and education of facility based HSC staff.
- Responsible for implementation of standardized policies and procedures, tools, resources, and educational Materials.
- Annually reviews and updates the facility Legal Medical Record Inventory.
- Practices and adheres to the Company Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical Skills - thorough knowledge of federal and state release of medical information regulations and medical record keeping requirements, knowledge in the areas of Medicare Conditions of Participation, compliance, government and state rules and regulations, and The Joint Commission
- Initiative - independently takes prompt proactive steps towards problem resolution Managing conflict by dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people
- Energy - consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long
- working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time
- Organization - proactively prioritizes initiatives, effectively manages resources and keen ability to multi.task
- Communication - communicates clearly, proactively and concisely with all key stakeholders
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long.term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies,
- procedures and systems
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Project Management - assesses work activities, upholds and meets deadlines, and allocates resources appropriately
- Coach, Mentor and Educate - provides timely guidance and feedback to help strengthen the knowledge/skill set of others to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Work Independently - is self.supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
- Leadership - leads individuals and groups toward identified outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering quality services
- Building Trust - interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's
intentions and those of the organization
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt to change in environment and/or circumstances with a positive outlook; and adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Undergraduatedegreerequired, Health Information Management degree strongly preferred.
- RHIA or RHIT certification required
- Minimum of one year of HIM department experiencerequired, three or more years is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one yearhealthcare management experience is required.
Job Code: 25770-139965