The CBORC In-Business Risk Control Manager is responsible for Control related matters with respect to the Branded Cards business area or 1-down to the Line of Business CEO and COO (Operations).
Primary objectives include:
· Build an effective, efficient and robust Annual Risk Assessment and quarterly Manager’s Control Assessment for a significant or group of significant business processes within Branded Cards, with a specific focus on risk related functions and controls; clearly conclude on the “health of controls” with fact-based evidence.
· Develop meaningful, sustainable riskreporting (key risk indicator metrics) with thresholds and triggers to identify and communicate emerging risks; develop actions plans with core process owners and evidence mitigation and control.
· Lead and support efforts to perform risk reviews of key business activities, including business projects, new products and core business processes.
· Support annual and quarterly Managers Control Assessment (MCA) self-assessments and completion of all Control related assessments on behalf of the business process owner.
· Works with the business and internal CBORC partners in leading efforts for ORA, CPAC, MCRA committees.
· Provides support to internal CBORC partners and IBLs in efforts related to Policy and Governance Change, Cross Business Issue Assessment (CBIA), GRIP, Operational Losses and Back Testing.
· Identify and escalate potential areas of risk and threats; implement strategies to mitigate operational or emerging operational risk.
· Ensure new or modified products (projects or process changes) are fully reviewed with key risks and mitigants appropriately identified; ensure reviewed through the appropriate governance routines and launched with adequate controls which can be monitored and reported.
· Ensure internal reviews and external examinations are well managed with clearly evidenced controls.
· Provide imbedded support of assigned business area / 1-Down by attending and participating in business meeting routines to provide Control related updates to the team and to learn about any new initiatives that ORM would need to support.
· Proactively identify emerging risks and assists the business process owner with resolving control gaps and issues and helps to create quality corrective action plans, including understanding root cause of the issue.
· Provide support to the Senior Operational Risk Manager so a clear and comprehensive view of “Health of Controls” is created and socialized with the business process owners for weekly, monthly, and quarterly Control updates to the executive management team.
· Ad hoc Control related requests as needed.
· Outstanding leadership, influencing and communications skills as the incumbent will be working with senior leaders across various LOBs, disciplines and support organizations. Must have proven ability to foster strong working relationships. Client relationship is key.
· Demonstrated ability to provide effective challenge on new initiatives and changing strategies to senior management.
· Participate, present and lead in business governance decisioning forums and influence critical business decisions.
· Strong judgment, thought leadership and critical thinking skills.
· Can clearly articulate the process of supporting a business unit’s function, controls, business priorities, impact on financialreporting, operations, issues and risks associated with various processes and platforms; can quickly identify gaps, effectively communicate and proactively develop solutions.
Qualifications - External
· 10+ years of direct, relevant experience in financial services, with enhanced knowledge of the business and channels to be supported.
· 3+ years of Project Management and governance experience with demonstrated ability to achieve milestones.
· Ability to provide effective challenge on new initiatives and changing strategies to senior management.
· Ability to foster strong working relationships with people across multiple lines of business and with control partners.
· Previous with experience developing business controls and control monitoring. Business process re-engineering and/or analytics highly desired.
· Bachelor's degree.
- Job ID: 17067980