Director, Project / Program Management
Purpose of Job
Leads and motivates cross-functional teams to execute internal non-IT Enterprise programs/ projects supporting strategic and operational plans. Oversees and manages program priorities, budget, and continuous planning cycle activities. Plans, directs, leads and manages resources in optimizing cross-business integration of program plans and supporting business processes to meet member needs as defined in the program and/or project requirements. Ensures execution of programs and/or projects are aligned and integrated with corporate strategies, plans and initiatives.
We are currently seeking talented Director Program/Project Management for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Manages and coordinates operational planning efforts related to cross-business integration of the program plans and/or projects.
- Consults with senior and executive management and serves as a liaison to internal and external partners on department and enterprise strategies.
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning and implementation processes to assure that management is knowledgeable of process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress toward achievement of business goals, objectives, strategies and action plan results.
- Provides advice and guidance, and negotiates approval of communication materials with executive management and Subject-Matter-Experts.
- Ensures communications meet established standards of appearance and content and that all logistical requirements are satisfied.
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis of internal/external business data including industry best practices and competitive information.
- Applies expert knowledge of project/program management to ensure efforts meet defined objectives, follow a structured timeline and are delivered on-schedule and within budget, including dashboard monitoring, metrics synthesis and quality assurance methods.
- Assists with the establishment and oversight of vendor performance measurements.
- Assists with developing strategies and programs to ensure a high level of vendor efficiency.
- Offers insight to the Executive Management Group in regard to vendor performance, reports results, and identifies opportunities for improved performance.
- Monitors the program and/or project deliverables and assists with early warning detection, problem triage, solution development and implementation.
- Manages a highly matrixed environment and builds and maintains relationships with senior level executives.
- Manages personnel and associated hiring, career planning, counseling, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and resolution of personnel issues and provides professional/technical coaching and guidance to the team.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years relevant experience in project or program management
- 3 or more years leadership or management experience in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Ability to establish a Data Steward program to deliver data quality capability for Member Operational Communications (MOC) division
- Mature monthly reporting dashboards to delivery improved business insights and to support decision-making process
- Ability to lead a team of program / project managers and provide level 1 reporting support across all MOC and experience owners
- Ability to facilitate new reporting requests and prioritize to maximum value
- Ability to collaborate with enterprise Data and Analytics team to enable scalable solutions and to optimize self-service capabilities
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Job Number: R0013982