GDIT IT is responsible for aligning IT with the business on the delivery of GDIT's strategic priorities. It will do this by building strategic capabilities, enabling transformational efforts, embedding quality in all systems and processes and delivering a seamless customer experience.
The Strategy & Planning Leader is directly responsible for a number of key functions in the GDIT IT organization. Its breadth of impact covers the Program Management Office, IT Governance including Portfolio and Investment Management, Strategic Planning function, overall IT Process, and Change Management & Communications.
Reporting to VPIT & CIO, the Strategy & Planning Leader will work closely with the other direct reports (Business Solutions Leader, CISO, Deputy CIO, Enterprise Architect) to deliver the strategic objectives of GDIT IT strategy.
• Lead the Strategy & Planning process; assist the GDIT CIO in guiding the organization through a rapidly changing environment with focus on continuous improvement.
• Supply a fit for purpose PMO service to GDIT organization
o Oversee the establishment of a framework /methodology for Project Management in GDIT and ensure compliance to it.
o Monitor and communicate progress on all program & project activity; ensuring that any deviations from plans are escalated to the highest level for action.
o Direct day-to-day activity of the Project Managers to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being executed efficiently and effectively.
o Optimise staff utilization; identify & deploy best fit Project Managers to projects within GDIT Project Portfolio
o Identify potential risk factors and ensure proper mitigation actions are planned and executed by the appropriate person.
o Act as the escalation point of contact for cross-division issues; highlight potential problem and suggest corrective action.
o Oversee the activities of direct reports to ensure a high performing, well-motivated and developed team of Project Managers that deliver the required results.
o Keep abreast of industry project management standards and methodologies.
o Promote a culture of innovation; continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organisation as a whole.
o Ensure the rigorous assessment and communication of the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits & opportunities of IT Solutions through the Enterprise Architecture function.
• Provide expertise & advice to ensure the adoption of a standardized, consistent & visible framework for planning, creating, assessing, balancing, communicating & executing the IT portfolio.
• Initiate and sign off on detailed analysis of completed IT efforts to inform decision making on future IT investments be it on Applications, Infrastructure or Project portfolios.
• Direct and prepare the IT portfolio management governance process including proactive, strategic agenda, preparing materials and minute taking of meeting.
• Lead the overall organizational change to drive the strategy within the IT organization and with overall GDIT stakeholders.
o Oversee the establishment of a communications and change strategy to drive the IT strategy transformation at GDIT.
o Direct day-to-day activity of communications and organizational change team ensuring behaviours change to reflect awareness, adoption, and evangelism of IT strategy and associated programs/projects and technologies.
o Optimise processes across IT organization to mature people, process and technologies to ensure operational excellence.
• Oversee the activity of a motivated and well developed team of professionals that deliver results.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. PMP Desirable
15 or more years of related software development experience, including management experience.
• Must have a strong technical/IT experience at a senior level in a large, global organization.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, influencing and negotiation, critical thinking and strong communication skills.
• Must have excellent planning and organizing skills with a proven ability to bring projects in on time and within budget.
• Display a strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate leadership and role model skills for the people of the Strategy & Planning organization, with peers and business partners at all levels of the organization
Requisition ID 2017-33749