Our fast-paced Business Development Team is looking for a Senior Business Development Specialist who will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to capture opportunities for PeopleTec in the Defense market. This involves significant customer and stakeholder interface to identify and create areas of opportunities and develop PeopleTec's positions. Key customers/stakeholders include the US Air Force, US Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC), the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and prime contractors. As opportunities materialize, the Senior Specialist is responsible for establishing win strategies, technical solutions, and team strategies to capture opportunities. The Senior Business Development Specialist - Defense Programs is a recognized leader in the company and has overall responsibilities for planning, directing, and coordinating business development activities for the Colorado Springs Market.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and executes pursuit and capture strategies and plans to win new or follow-on business, including, but not limited to: Identifying, assessing and shaping business opportunities, Creating and managing contact plans, and messaging to customers and stakeholders.
- Conducting competitive analysis
- Identifying and managing discretionary resources
- Developing Price-To-Win (Pwin)
- Identifying potential industry teammates
- Organizing and managing the PeopleTec capture team
- Maintains continuous and expansive contact with assigned customers
- Provides Strategic Plan inputs for assigned Defense market segments and customers
- Participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning organizational projects
- Represents the organization in meetings, conferences and workshops, as assigned.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout PeopleTec to ensure the company's ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each):
- 35% - Meet and interface with DOD and prime contractor representatives
- 30% - Oversee development and implementation of business strategies for new programs, products and technologies
- 15% - Oversee internally funded discretionary programs, particularly IRAD
- 10% - Support development of PeopleTec Strategic Plans and otherinternal executive level plans
- 10% - Interface with PeopleTec senior-level management as required
- Extensive experience with Defense programs
- Ability to direct and control overall organizational resources, considerable initiative, organizational skills, and the ability to drive convergence and resolution to challenges
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Travel: 25%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have a Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this clearance level during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business related field and 10 years of relevant experience in Business Development in the Defense market, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (Master's DegreePreferred)
- Previous experience working with space and missile defense programs.
- Existing network of customer relationships at the US Air Force, US Army, DARPA and/or MDA.