ProMedica serves 27 counties with 11 hospitals, numerous facilities and an extensive array of specialties and services. Named “best company to work for” by Toledo City Paper readers in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan, our organization attracts the most talented individuals in the industry because we help them meet their full potential – professionally and personally.
Independently designs/develops client, server, and web-based applications, utilizing development tools to efficiently and effectively code, test and implement solutions according to specifications and standards. Serve as mentor to less experienced IT staff, providing assistance when required and reviewing their work as directed.
- Using development tools and structured programming techniques, efficiently code, test and implement automated solutions adhering to specifications and standards.
- Develop comprehensive release plans, including test plans to ensure developed code is a high quality solution.
- Provide and maintain appropriate written documentation, including configuration and change records, for all applications developed, modified, and supported.
- Interact with customers to effectively gather requirements/specifications, and generate documentation as needed to ensure user expectations are met.
- Participate in analysis, application/system design, and enterprise application integration, generating specifications and prototypes as needed.
- Transfers knowledge and/or trains IT employees and end-users in the operation of their information systems.
- Maintains and monitors assigned IT systems and processes. Actively recommends improvements to maximize performance, capacity and availability.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of assigned development tools and emerging hardware/software/storage technologies. Also serves as a “technical expert” for other IS staff.
- Responds to and resolves assigned support calls. Investigates, resolves, and documents incidents and problems on a timely basis. Analyzes post-resolution customer satisfaction.
- Provides support for on-site and off hour availability on 7/24 hour basis as defined by the needs of the customer and/or technology.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information technology, business or related field.
- Progressive knowledge of and experience with legacy and emerging technology, such as: development tools, database systems, web tools, client-server, and object-oriented skills required;
- experience with Visual Studio and SQL preferred
- Task management and problem solving skills required
- Project leadership experience desired.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of health care operations is preferred.