Requisition ID 2017-1153
The Systems Engineer II is accountable for designing & maintaining the operation of compute & storage systems infrastructure. Handles assignments of a more complex nature and provides guidance to the Systems Engineer I. The Systems Engineer II will maintain milestones, objectives and documentation as it pertains to active projects and tasks. Will Provide effective Level III support on as needed basis by researching & analyzing issues or requests to determine Network/Systems related implications. Effectively communicates with all impacted parties & maintains all SLAs. Works closely with other HIT teams & clinical departments to determine backend hardware requirements; while maintaining goals and objectives of a scalable Enterprise solution, including DR/BC. Primary area of responsibility includes, Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Active Directory, Exchange, BC/DR, Compliance and Security.
1. Provide quick response and effective communication of support requests. Prioritizes ticket and assigned tasks along with larger project implementations.
2. Understands key objectives as evident through daily work, and continually looks for process improvement, actively updates repetitive task processes & documentation for accuracy.
3. Proactively communicates with HIT teams and clinical departments, Maintains project timelines & utilizes time to be most effective.
4. Ability to work independently yet maintain team goals, conducts themselves in a manor that promotes effective collaboration with a positive attitude. Access deficiencies, researches ideas and proposes solutions to team.
5. Understands importance of DR, continually strives to identify threats and bring to attention of team or supply immediate solutions. Understands backup/restore architecture and importance of timely response.
6. Maintains HIT security objectives, assists in identify potential exploits. Researches and stays current on industry security practices, trends, and events. Continues education & stays up on current technology by obtaining certifications when applicable.
1. Minimum Associates Degree in Computer Science is preferred or comparable computer certifications & work experience in relevant field.
2. Minimum 4 years of enterprise class networked systems related experience in a mid-range LAN consisting of at least 1500 users required.
3. MCITP preferred or MCP/ MCTS required.