General Dynamics is seeking a Program Manager to lead a major software development and sustainment programs for a DoD customer.
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for program(s) with annual revenues of $5-10 million.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing 25-50 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and including one or more subordinate supervisors - working on multiple projects and tasks.
NOTE: Position level may also be determined by the scope and complexity of the program, not just revenue and staff amounts.
- Has overall responsibility for the completion of the task, program deliverables, manages all team personnel assigned, and is responsible for program task schedules.
- Has the authority to commit GDIT resources to meet the needs of the program.
- Works closely with the customer PM to formulate new tasking plans and deliverable items.
- Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
- Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
- Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
- Coordinates and monitors subcontractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
- Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements, and other program documents.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and Government policies and standards.
Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 10-12years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- Professional certification (PMP)
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
Job ID 2017-30072