Avery Dennison is looking for a Coating Operations Manager to support the Vancive Medical Technologies facility located in Mentor, OH. The business is part of the Industrial and Healthcare Materials division of Avery Dennison which brings more than three decades of expertise in adhesive chemistries, performance characteristics and production technologies passionate about pressure-sensitive adhesives for medical applications. In this role, you will report to the plant manager, and be responsible for leading a team of engineers and operators for safe, effective, and efficient coating operations.
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.Maintain all timekeeping, overtime and vacation records and schedules.
- Responsible for operational results. Drive execution of site improvement plans, help set operations improvement goals, ensure priorities and accountabilities are clear, provide resources and removes obstacles to ensure success. Set department operating strategy based on business needs.
- Responsible for key operational measures within business unit (service, quality, productivity, cost, safety); able to measure performance of team against performance targets and provide feedback and strategy for continuous improvement.
- Focus on improving more complex performance through ELS efforts.
- Lead the practice of all health and safety procedures, ensuring that safety is employees’ top priority.Regard safety as a core value: Lead the efforts to build a safety conscious environment; be actively involved in safety initiatives. Lead monthly safety meetings and daily safety huddles. Lead 5S activities, housekeeping, and recycling programs.
- Participate in the establishment of sites’ annual operating plans and ownership of the department spending activities and monitor Spend Tracker.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent. Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals. Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values
- Collaborate with other functional areas to resolve problems and develop improved manufacturing processes. Make efforts to reduce manufacturing waste and process complexity.
- Maintain quality control processes to ensure products/services meet quality control standards; lead implementation of process improvements. Drive improvement strategies in all key metric areas; manage production flow, staffingschedule and resources to budget and plan.
- Understand and ensure compliance with cGMP, ISO 13485, and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 regulations.
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints and nonconformances as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or a related field in combination with technical and operational experience
- 6+ years Operations/Manufacturing experience with 3+ manufacturing leadership experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leading individuals and teams.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies, and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and key drivers within the manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, MFG Pro, and function specific software.
- Strong leadership and people skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization. Must be a change agent.
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing or other regulated industry.
- Experience with Environmental, Health, and Safety programs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.