Senior Project Manager (Highways)
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Responsible for managing large-scale company-wide transportation projects.
JMT is seeking a motivated civil engineer who desires to manage major transportation projects in Pennsylvania and throughout the country. Successful candidates will be expected to: manage highway and transportation design and design-build projects for PennDOT and government agencies; develop project schedules and budgets; supervise and mentor design staff and provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements; assist in development of Letters of Interest, Technical Proposals and Presentations; and be responsible for coordination with clients, sub consultants, other government and regulatory agencies.
- Successfully works on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A working knowledge of Federal, State, and local jurisdiction permitting regulations is required
- Thorough understanding of the PennDOT design process and plan preparation
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- 20+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- Professional Engineer License in Pennsylvania and ability to obtain license in other jurisdictions
- Demonstrated experience managing $100M+ new/reconstructed highway interchange projects
- Experienced and comfortable with periodic overnight travel
Work is performed within a general office environment 90% of the time. Some overnight travel will be necessary. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
· Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
· Creativity and Innovation
· Client Focus
· Decision Making
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Job-Focused Learning
· Planning and Organizing/Time Management
· Conflict Management
· Motivating Others
· Managing Performance
· Vision & Strategic Thinking
· Relationship Building & Teamwork
· Integrity & Ethics
· Quality Service
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity