The Business Manager – Financial Operations will assist the Fulfillment Center and Customer Solutions Department in financial planning, accounting and internal reporting controls, inventory control, liquidation and expense budgeting.
In addition, he or she will ensure liquidation, supply procurement, capital benefits, and labor utilization/expenses are optimized in the fulfillment and call center, along with identifying and curtailing inventory leakage points before they become budget or forecast issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the fulfillment center’s annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes in coordination with the Eden Prairie accounting and finance teams. Forecast inventory shrink/pickup, inventory receipts, shipped sales and returns transactions.
- Lead and manage the liquidation piece of the product lifecycle process for the company, working with the merchandising, finance and fulfillment center departmental teams (in Eden Prairie & Bowling Green).
- Establish and manage inventory integrity and reporting controls, establish inventory error and research protocol and modify operating and systemic procedures to reduce inventory error.
- Forecast, on a continuous basis, variable and fixed expense variance to plans and complete monthly variance analyses with operational partners. Highlight out of plan trends before they become negative variances. Build annual budgets and mid-year adjustments.
- Monitor volume forecasts and coordinate with accounting sales/returns timing and visibility.
- Identify expense reduction opportunity, waste, loss, etc. and intervene with corrective action through partnership with operating leaders.
- Structure and maintain dashboards, forecasts, early warning reports highlighting processing volumes, expense, order cancels, and inventory shrink/pickup. Track and report processing accuracy, order cancel, inventory accuracy, inventory leakage, inventory recovery, liquidation accounting, etc.
- Provide management with analysis and evaluation of operational alternatives/opportunities, data and information to make sound and timely managerial decisions.
- Develop and implement controls to support financial goals and objectives.
- Directly supervise inventory control function and indirectly partner with BG operating leaders as it relates expense controls, volume and activity forecasting.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s (BS) Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- 5+ years broad finance/accounting experience, with solid direct to consumer and/or retail industry experience; warehouse and customer service operational and financialexperience; and public accounting background.
- Strong working knowledge of public company financial systems, statements and reports.
- Internal Audit, Accounting, mathematical and project leadership skills coupled with great problem solving skills. Inventory control experience in a fulfillment operation a significant plus.
- Ability to travel as needed.