At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Technology Design Engineer | Designer 1 to work in a flexible role that includes engineering, design and specification of building technology and communication systems for high profile, Entertainment and Hospitality Projects. Work will be performed under supervision of senior staff. EXP’s Technology Design department specializes in the design and specification of structured cabling systems, audio/visual systems, security systems and other Extra Low Voltage (ELV) systems.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills are required. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in support of multiple projects is essential.
- Ability to work virtually and communicate efficiently across geographies with multiple project teams.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Structured Cabling Systems (Voice/ Data Cabling)
- Audio/Visual Systems (Background Music/ Overhead Paging Systems, Conference/ Ballroom/ Boardroom A/V and control systems)
- Security Systems (Surveillance Systems, Physical Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems)
- Other Communication Technology Systems (Nurse Call, Distributed Antenna Systems, Real Time Location Service System, etc)
- Ability to attend in-house coordination meetings and discuss design requirements with other engineers with input from Engineers.
- Understand proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents – and deliver appropriate documentation with input from Engineers.
- REVIT and AutoCAD proficient.
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases with input from Engineers.
- Prepare calculations of equipment electrical loads and cooling loads with input from Engineers.
- Read and interpret related industry codes and standards (e.g. NEC, FGI), and incorporate into designs.
- Prepare floor plans showing low voltage device layouts, cable pathways, equipment, etc with input from Engineers.
- Prepare system riser diagrams with input from Engineers.
- Select and schedule equipment with input from Engineers.
- Coordinates with other disciplines (MEPFP, Architectural, Structural, etc.)
- Understand and properly apply existing exp details relevant to projects
- Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Prepare revisions (ASI’s, etc) and sketches according to proper numbering convention
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- EngineeringDegree (BS Electrical, BS Architectural Engineering, or equivalent) from an accredited school.
- Registered Engineer-In-Training or Professional Engineer preferred.
- Ability to work virtually cross-office geographies with multiple teams