A Senior Software Engineer opening on our eCommerce Platform team with a focus in Java.
Do you have the technical chops to build apps that truly scale? That are distributed globally? That are updated with no down time? Do you have a profound understanding of the trade-offs between the SQL and NoSQL systems? Have you actually built and released production systems factored as micro-services?
At GoDaddy, we are seeking a different type of developer: people who have paid their dues in legacy stacks and are adept at the new. Developers who know the reality of keeping the business running while simultaneously reinventing the core systems. Developers who engineer systems that are performant, self-healing, monitorable, and fault-tolerant from the ground up. Do we care about the technologies you have worked with? Yes! But what we value most is the experience and insight to see beyond the current tools to the essence of great architecture and engineering. Does this describe you? If so, come join our fast-moving, fun company and make a real impact! (You’re tired of just being a cog in the machine anyway, right?
- 5-10 years of full-time software engineeringexperience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or a relevant technical field; Master’s degreepreferred
- Legacy experience in C++, C# is preferred
- Strong OOD skills in Java required
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies, Cassandra preferred
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Linux experience
- Experience in an Agile development environment is preferred
- Docker or Kubernetes experience is a plus