Description Summary: The Director Product Management – Portal (DPM) is an energetic, creative thinker that likes to build products that engage customers and drive business in ways that will improve our patients lives one patient at a time. This individual will also build engaging products that make it easier for healthcare providers to provide the care those patients need to lead longer healthier lives.
The DPM is responsible for leading our portal product suite as our Portal Product Manager. They set feature development priorities, manage product launches and oversee all aspects of Diplomat’s external Portal products and budget. The DPM will have full responsibility and ownership of the entire portal product suite. The DPM will research and leverage market and internal performance data and work cross functionally with all areas of the business to ensure Diplomat’s digital portal engagement products are driving sales volumes, opening new areas of revenue potential, increasing customer satisfaction, and offsetting internal call center costs. In short, the DPM thinks and acts like the CEO of our digital portal product line.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrates innovation in approach to ensuring a product is a market leader with a continuously increasing market share.
2. Turns market research data into actionable system requirements.
3. Create digital healthcare products that drive engagement and “Stickiness” of customers.
4. Translates key business goals and metrics into actionable technical requirements and success criteria.
5. Leads cross functional teams of a highly technical nature.
6. Develops and presents multi-year technical, product roadmaps.
7. Develops and delivers on long-term strategic goals for product vision and standards in conjunction with all key stakeholders.
8. Creates short-term tactical solutions and release plans to achieve long-term objectives regarding a product roadmap.
9. Partners with Marketing to plan, execute, and define key metrics to measure successful product launches.
10. Establishes operational methods and procedures for tracking product quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
11. Able to measure the strengths and weaknesses of acquired portal platforms and products for integration into the current product mix.
12. Forecasts, plans, and manages to a profitable product P&L budget.
13. Develops and produces key platform operational performance metrics.
14. Develops and adheres to SLA’s for any customer facing product contracts.
15. All other duties as assigned. Requirements Education/Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year College or university required. Masters preferred. Five years’ work experience at Sr. level product management level. Proven success with direct oversight of a mobile & Web, end customer focused, HealthCare product required. Extensive successful experience in UI/UX design and focus group leadership required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic math while analyzing data and generating reports. Must have working knowledge of consumer algorithms, and applying learning and data algorithms into consumer data products.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems throughout all organizational levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products including Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Visio and have a strong computer aptitude.
Information Security Expectations:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to abide by Diplomat’s information security policies, employee handbook and security and privacy regulatory requirements. Each employee is responsible for the secure and appropriate handling of Diplomat information, information received by customers, other companies and/or external parties.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Time management
• Oral and written communication skills
• Communication skills
• Customer Service
• Multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work well with various personalities and within a team
• Strong understanding of market forces on the consumer
• Strong understand of business data and analytics