Purpose of Job:
- Reporting to a Senior Manager / Director while operating in a team based environment, you will be dealing directly withsenior management and Banking counterparts, and will be exposed to significant and varied deal flow.
- Given a diverse range of risks in the portfolio and regular interaction with a variety of internal contacts, you will benefit from an environment which fosters continuous learning and development and from an opportunity to make a positive contribution to theBank as a credit officer.
- The Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective maintenance of a designated portfolio of complex loans atan acceptable level of risk, by exercising sound credit judgment in approving and recommending applications, monitoring credit quality, conditions, and collection activity, thereby ensuring loan losses are minimized.
- The position demands a sophisticated level and strong working knowledge of risk management.
- Provides timely and accurate adjudication of credit requests within his/her limits for Commercial Credits, Non-Retail SB Credits including SPP within the framework of the Credit Policy and Commercial Credit Administration
- Contribute to the quality of the loan portfolio through:
- Providing prompt and sound decision making in the analysis and adjudication of credit proposals within assigned limits and conforming to Bank Policies, Procedures & Guidelines
- Making recommendations to the appropriate adjudicating levels;
- Providing recommendations to improve the structure of marginal proposals into bankable deals as appropriate;
- Improving the quality of applications and submissions;
- Ensuring the accuracy of data in various databases and reports.
- Ensuring that all terms and conditions of authorizations are accurate and that the Bank's position is fully protected by way ofadequate security requirements and appropriate credit conditions.
- Ensure the assigned credit portfolio is efficiently mainatined at an acceptable level of risk and loan losses minimized by:
- Monitoring the timely submission of all applications and quality of accounts;
- Monitoring portfolio/industry trends and recommending suitable courses of action;
- Following for submission of reporting in accordance with requirements established for individual accounts.
- Help develop credit competencies of Banking partners by providing appropriate and meaningful feedback in a constructive manner
- Ensure turnaround time continues to meet the Department’s best practices and the Bank’s guidelines
- Contribute to the overall growth of Commercial Banking’s and Non-Retail SB including SPP loan portfolio and to improvement in CCEI survey results in line with Commercial Banking’s objectives with a focus on Borrowing/GRM satisfaction
- Active participation in various Commercial Banking & GRM initiatives from time to time in addition to routine credit related matters;
- Being proactive and maintain healty partnership with all business line partners at all times; Model strong customer focus
- Thorough understanding of:- Commercial Credit / Banking; Bank’s credit policies and procedures; RA; Commercial Bank's Borrower Risk Rating guidelines; risk assessment techniques; credit structuring; accounting practices; collateral and security documentation & registration; legal ramifications & remedies; various and diverse industries; and local economic trends.
- Skilled in financial analysis & accounting, risk assessment and developing creative financing proposals demonstrating sound credit judgment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to converse effectively with line and corporate personnel.
- Ability to make decisions with proven credit judgement, frequently in the face of uncertainty, and clearly communicate rationale for decisions.
- Proven ability in administering a Commercial credit portfolio.
- Strong negotiation & problem resolution skills; organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively & efficiently; coaching and counseling skills in credit.
- MBA, CMA, CFA or CA designation preferred combined with minimum 3 years of progressive credit risk experience/related equivalent experience.
Requisition ID: 2497