Senior Software Engineer Our employees tell us they love working for a global organization focused on collaboration, teamwork and customer outcomes. Since 1979, QAD has provided solutions and services for customers in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial and life sciences industries so they can better align daily operations with their strategic goals. We offer an amazing culture and comprehensive suite of health and wellness benefits so that employees can focus on helping customers reach our vision for them: the Effective Enterprise. As the Senior Software Engineer, you will work within a development team to help build new software and build enhancements to existing QAD software products. You will also analyze, design, develop, test, troubleshoot and debug software applications. Duties also include working with team members to ensure quality through agile software development practices and continuous improvement, participating in the creation and execution of automated unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and install tests and working closely with stakeholders to ensure the sound development and implementation of QAD’s software solutions. You will also routinely serve as mentor to junior team members, facilitate resolution of conflicts that arise during the development lifecycle through effective partnership with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and occasionally, participate in ISO certification audits
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze, develop, enhance and maintain QAD software applications and tools. Includes creation of test plans, design specification, development and unit testing of source code, schema design, prototyping and documentation.
- Perform analysis to define requirements for new features or modifications including affected programs, expected behavior, related document changes and test scenarios.
- Document technical white papers and prepare product training materials.
- Provide service and support to early adopter customers, support other QAD teams and troubleshoot and solve escalated customer issues.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- 5 - 7+ years professional software development experience, including
- 3+ years of web-based application development/design
- Experience with Progress is highly desired (experience with SQL or other relational database software would be acceptable)
- Database design/data modeling experience
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming in a statically typed language, such as Java, C#, or C++
- Experience developing web based products using modern tools such as HTML5, C#, TypeScript, AngularJS and JQuery
- Ability to solve business problems
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently