Basic Purpose-Accountable for oversight of enterprise technical accounting research and conclusions and accounting policy development. This role will advise various functional and accounting process leaders on technical accounting matters, including review and advisory of accounting documentation (i.e. memos and policy drafts) submitted. This position will also author accounting whitepapers for complex technical matters including, but not limited to, segmentreporting conclusions, intangible asset impairment analysis, and derivatives, when applicable. This role will partner with accounting/business process leads and operational contacts, as necessary, to establish an appropriate level of business context to permit thoughtful application of new and existing accounting standards. This role will also be a partner to Sr. Manager of Enterprise consolidation and Director of ExternalReporting.
- Lead the company’s technical accounting research and related accounting application, as well as accounting policy development
- Partner with operational and financial leaders to bring business context to accounting judgments and socialize accounting implications, including alternative accounting treatments, where applicable
- Conduct organizational training, as necessary, regarding new accounting pronouncements and enterprise accounting policy
- Effectively communicate complex accounting matters across all levels, including C-level executives
- Evaluate complex business transactions and advise the functional/operational leadership regarding accounting implications of various business transactions.
- Manage the resolution of technical accounting matters with the external auditor
- Lead various accounting and otherad-hoc projects including the coordination with other functions (i.e. FP&A, M&A, Treasury, legal, etc.) to complete valuation work (ex. impairment of indefinite-lived intangibles and other similar fair-value analysis)
- Support an effective internal control environment, primarily concerning enterprise compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
#LI-BB1 #INDCORP Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of US Foods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. Employment agencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent; CPArequired, licensed CPA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with practical experience with the application of GAAP within a corporation (vs. as a consultant) being a plus.
- Consumer products or distribution/manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Public company experience and/or a minimum of 5 years experience in public accounting firm preferred; Big 4 or second tier a plus.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles and practices (GAAP), financial policies and procedures, external/SEC reporting and internal controls commensurate with an SEC registrant.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data into meaningful summarization, tailored to audiences at all levels, including C-level executives.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with leaders and associates at all levels in the organization.
- Outstanding personal and professional ethical values
- Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, results orientation and resourcefulness; exhibits a commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and ability to overcome obstacles in a collaborative manner.
- Strong team orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical, organization, planning and project management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Ability and desire to develop necessary knowledge and skills to assume positions of greater responsibility within the organization.
- An individual who brings enthusiasm and energy to the job each day, a leader who welcomes a challenge and brings a “can do” attitude to the team.