Tremco Incorporated is a world leader in solving complex waterproofing and roofing problems for the federal, state & local governments, commercial, institutional and industrial accounts since 1928. Weatherproofing Technologies, Tremco’s service division is currently seeking a Commercial Construction Manager. This individual is responsible for managing General Contracting projects that will include structural restoration, façade and envelope restoration, curtain wall replacement, interior restoration, and emergency action projects. Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems a plus.
This will involve working with theproject managers and/or superintendent assigned to the project to ensure delivery on time and within budget as well as selecting and managing all sub-contractors. Provide specialized business development and project management services for design-build contracts to institutional government clients. Candidate will be involved in providing added value to existing client relationships through increased service offerings while driving growth of sales for Tremco products.
Additional duties will include participating in all proposals, specifications, price estimates, schedules, and sales efforts as they affect the aforementioned projects. Also, responsibilities will include Sales & Service Support, Field Resource & Customer Management communication as necessary.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- General building standards knowledge
- Contract negotiation
- Cost control
- Cash flow forecasting
- Subcontractor selection and management
- Direct labor management
- Shop drawing review
- RFI responsibility
- Change order pricing and negotiation
- Resource Management
- Quality Control
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirement
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, MBA a plus
- PE license preferred
- At least 5 –10 years experience managing large construction projects or in an engineering or construction organization
- Deep understanding of all Construction Management tasks & responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability in an engineering or construction role
- Federal government construction project and procurement experience preferred
- Superior written, oral and digital communication skills
- Able to create performance reporting
- Computer Literacy: Email, web, Word, Access, Excel, Project or Primavera, CMMS, others TBD
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.