To develop and implement system-wide Continuous Improvement strategies that will improve product and process capability and lower manufacturing costs
- Facilitate kaizen events and LeanSix Sigma Projects
- Implement cost savings through problem solving and use of LeanSix Sigma tools and techniques
- Train employees on and implement 5S, SMED and Standard Work projects
- Draft and Manage small/medium Capital/Expense Projects to improve line efficiency.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to implement cost savings programs across plant
- Strong analytical skills using tools such as appliedstatistics, OEE tracking, LeanSix Sigma, and project planning
- Creative in problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and other computer skills such as PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word and Minitab
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes and work with others to identify opportunities
- Ability to teach/coach CI concepts throughout the plant
- Understanding of manufacturing cost concepts such as usage, yield, BOMs, routers, and other cost drivers.
- Use engineering skills and background to improve line efficiency through technical troubleshooting and analysis.
- Deliver significant cost savings year on year related to plant performance and efficiency. Delivery through teams is a must. Drive a high performance culture using engineering principles and data driven decisions.
BSEE, BSME or BSCE preferred. BS in otherEngineering disciplines considered based on previous experience.
- 5+ years of lean/CI experience with project management in a manufacturing environment.
- Past experience in leading capital projects/kaizen workshops in the areas of 5S, standard work, visual management, daily management, SMED and OEE gap closure.
- 6 Sigma certification preferred
- Maintenance/manufacturing/engineering/QA/QS experiencepreferred
- Food manufacturing experiencepreferred
- Has worked in a lean manufacturing environment
- Solid systems understanding and ability to identify improvements needed
- Hands on style and solid communication ability
- Able to effectively interface at all levels of the organization
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.
Job ID 2017-5413