Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
The R&D Server Group at Dexcom is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who would be responsible for assisting in the maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of our existing cloud hosted solutions, and acting as an internal contact for questions relating to production environments. This includes customer-facing Production Systems for an FDA regulated medical device. The Site Reliability engineer would be the primary liaison between our team, IT, the clinical trials team, and technical support. With continued growth at Dexcom, scalability, reliability, and security are of utmost importance. The ability to work collaboratively and to think and act out-of-the-box are traits that would be extremely valuable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain cloud hosted solutions for the Dexcom R&D Platform Group.
- Primary duties include: troubleshooting, investigating clinical trial issues, data extraction, planning, negotiating and collaborating with internal/external group members.
- Owning, maintaining, and following operational procedures for Production Systems
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- 3+ years' or related experience
- Strong background in Windows Administration
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems, and hybrid cloud environments
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Coding and scripting; PowerShell
- Documenting and following processes in a regulated environment
- Understanding of IT Operations:
- Access Control
- Setting up automated code build and deploys, using tools like TFS and Jenkins
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to research applicability of cloud trends and offerings (prototyping and deep evaluation)
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server DBA
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with Load Testing
- Experience with VMWare VCloud Air and GCP cloud offerings
- Coding in C#
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform