This position is for a mid-level COGNOS Developer responsible for a successful delivery of CNSI’s Midwest region’s technology initiatives and Operations support. Candidates for this role will be supporting the development and operations requirements working cohesively with other COGNOS developers/leads/subject matter experts, database administrators, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams, as well as manage client relationships within the context of an individual role. The candidate will develop, write and run reports and perform analyses using IBM COGNOS10, IBM COGNOS Analytics, and the reporting tools within it.
- Responsible for all aspects of COGNOS reporting development under the guidance / direction of CNSI’s reporting and functional teams.
- Prepare the Reporting Requirements and Design documents
- Participate in meetings and discussions with Functional/Technical Leads to understand the requirements and work out a design
- Interpret the requirements and build professional reports.
- Creating DMR Models and following best practices in modeling with OLAP and OLTP databases.
- Implementing the COGNOS security at different levels.
- Write/maintain advanced reporting using report studio, query studio, workspace advanced. Experience in reports and query optimization, debugging, and performance tuning for improving performance.
- COGNOS administration, security and deployment.
- Write unit tests (document and code) for the COGNOS report and its components.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure the code written complies with CNSI’s best practices.
- Interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Continue enhancing own reporting skills on new practices, frameworks and standards
- Mentor other COGNOS developers in enhancing their skills
- Present technical analysis to internal and external clients
- Support Production Operations as necessary
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- IBM COGNOS BI report studio, query studio, framework manager experience is a must.
- Minimum 5 to 6 years’ experience as a COGNOS Developer
- Extensive knowledge in COGNOS reporting framework and best practices
- Oracle 10g, 11g experience is a must
- Good SQL, PL/SQL programming skills
- Significant experience & demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of COGNOS reporting by using COGNOS BI tools like report studio, query studio, framework manager, administration, and security experience in OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Solid facilitation skills
- Proven record of accomplishment working in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Understanding of RDBMS and Data Warehouse concepts.
- Excellent communication (oral / written) skills and the ability to interact with multiple teams in a diverse setting encompassing both technical and non-technical users.
- Must be willing to work independently and/or as part of a team in an energetic, team-oriented environment managing systems of varying size/complexity with a fast turn-around time
- Ability to apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the development/support processes and to be able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
Following skills would be a “PLUS”:
- COGNOS TM1, Transformer, Insights and Cube technologies, “a plus”.
- Experience in a healthcare/insurance domain, “a plus”.
- Experience with State/Federal government projects, “a plus”.
- Knowledge/experience in Unix
· Cognos BI installation and configuration