School Specialty is the industry's largest provider of educational products, services and programs including Classroom Supplies, Arts products, Special Needs Resources, Math, Science, Reading, Physical Education, planning, etc. From basic school supplies to curriculum-based solutions we offer an unmatched selection of quality, value-driven education products, services and programs.
Supporting educators isn't just our specialty, it's our passion. We strive to be the preferred resource for educators, by working hand-in-hand with them to develop real-world learning solutions. Our focus is on helping educators help students succeed by making learning easier – and more fun – for students of all ages and abilities.
We are seeking two Sales Training and Development Managers to join our growing team, preferably in our Greenville, WI or Lombard, IL locations. In this role, you will contribute to the building and maintaining of an educational culture that considers learning a strategic business function. You’ll work with the Learning and Development team in designing, developing and implementing a comprehensive sales training plan that supports the sales objectives. We are looking for experts in designing, enhancing and delivering sales training to both inside and outside sales teams. You’ll also monitor the effectiveness and outcomes of the training.
Summary of essential job functions
- Collaborate with fellow sales trainers in designing programs and implementing solutions to support the strategic goals of the School Specialty sales teams, impacting business results and building the skill and performance of both individual contributors and managers.
- Establish quality standards for course design. Based on needs assessment, make recommendations for course curriculum and content, and adjust design as needed.
- Utilize surveys and other methods designed to determine performance gaps that may require additional training or adjustments to existing training programs.
- Work with key stakeholders (Field Sales, Sales Management, Customers, etc.) to assess performance and developmental needs within the sales organization.
- Lead key initiatives in collaboration with the training team and sales leadership in developing and implemening training.
- Drives learning enhancement within key areas including product knowledge, sales process, sales enablement tools (e.g. CRM), sales leader coaching and mentoring and marketing implementation.
- Use technology and alternative training modes to accelerate learning and improve outcomes.
- Accelerate understanding of marketing programs that drive the organization toward a solution selling orientation by preparing and conducting forums on new products via the web or other appropriate medium for our brands.
- Manage and control budget allocated resources. Utilize project management skills to effectively meet deadlines and budget requirements.
- Lead development of training materials, booklets and web applications with the training team
- Ensure all company policies and programs are incorporated into training protocol
- Travel extensively to conduct training, assess and ensure activation of training and development initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in instructional design, adult learning principles and blended learning solutions
- 5-7 years of successful training and development experience, skills training, and training course delivery experience via classroom, web conferencing, virtual classroom, etc.
- 5-7 years of sales training program development experience, including instructional design and training materials generation.
- Familiarity with account management - sales concepts, practices, team selling and working with complex customer structures
- Experience in the design and development of eLearning solutions and the application of project management principles.
- Strong influencing and communication skill capability
- Excellent presentation and classroom facilitation skills
- Ability to think strategically and analyze performance data to impact results
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of CRM and other sales enablement tools
- Skilled in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Highly computer literate with in-depth knowledge of MS office, eLearning Software, Webinar delivery tools such as Microsoft Lync, Webex, LiveMeeting, GoToWebinar, etc.
- Has the required technical knowledge in the areas of business systems and software (Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, eLearning creation software such as Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc.).
- Proficient in desktop publishing, print creation skills.
- Experience in creating and utilizing both internal and external developmental sources
- Solution-based Selling Skills Training Certification desired
Candidates must be able to travel up to 75% of the time and may include overnight travel. Ideal candidates would be located in the Greenville/Appleton WI or Lombard IL areas.